Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 23958
Our Garlock team is currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our IT Operations team out of our headquarters in Palmyra, just east of Rochester. As our Senior Systems Engineer, you will provide Tier II and Tier III technical support and project management for all Garlock end-users both onsite and remotely for all laptops, desktops, printers, and other computing devices. As the single POC for all escalations, you will responsible for resolving complex technical issues.
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a greater collective.
Responsibilities of the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Providing all levels of technical support required as well as be the point of escalation for other IT Operations resources & Global Service Desk team members.
- Maintaining a best-in-class customer-service focus and attitude at all times, holding others accountable for the same.
- Ensuring utilization of the service management tool, ServiceNow, for logging, managing, and resolving incidents and requests.
- Coordinating and/or performing additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading IT infrastructure including TCP/IP, DNS, Print Servers, DHCP, LAN, wireless (VPN), PC products, servers, network, WiFi, and other hardware or software.
- Installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Prioritizing activities and collaborating with other teams to deliver the best solution to the end-users.
- Creating, maintaining, and documenting processes and procedures following standards and policies, including configuration and change management.
- Assisting with technical documentation and contributing to the creation and publishing of Knowledge Base articles used by all levels of support.
- Working across global teams to create common processes and procedures, which contribute to continuous improvement on the service delivery levels for all IT support.
- Traveling on an as needed basis to the other Garlock manufacturing sites across North America, slated around 5-10%.
Required Qualifications of the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Completed Associate's Degree
- Active pursuit of continued education, whether that is a Bachelor's Degree or a certification such as MCSA/MCSE, CCENT/CCNA/CCNP, MCTS, A+, Net+, Security+, AWS
- 5-8+ years of hands-on IT experience and technical support as an escalation point of contact troubleshooting, critically thinking, and resolving any system issues or Tier III or II requests, preferably in an applicable industry
- 5-8+ years of experience working across Windows server environments, including designing, configurating, managing, and supporting Active Directory, VMware (or Hyper-V), Office 365 / Exchange Online
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting Cisco, Cisco Call Manager (CCM), SCCM imaging, or other networking responsibilities
Competencies of the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates Self Awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Tech Savvy: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Garlock offers significant career development opportunities as well as competitive salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, and three weeks of vacation.
The Garlock family of companies, GST (Garlock Sealing Technologies), GPT (Garlock Pipeline Technologies), and GHT (Garlock Hygiene Technologies), provides solutions that seal the most demanding fluid-handling equipment and processes, with more than 100,000 sealing solutions for a diverse range of industries such as hydrocarbon production, processing and refining, power generation, pulp and paper, metals and mining, and water and waste water. Garlock is the number one manufacturer of industrial Gaskets in the United States. We have just under 1000 employees across North America and are a mid-sized, public, global company focused on customer satisfaction and quality products.
EnPro Industries and companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015944
EEO Employer Verbiage: