Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Job Number: 24138
The Production Supervisor oversees the production floor and its staff to ensure a safe environment, quality of product, and that production goals and rates are met.
- Collaborate with Leads, Specialists, and Coordinators to work towards 100% on-time shipment of all orders
- Train and coach employees on department work instructions, processes, procedures, and policies
- Provide consistent and timely feedback to employees on development, performance, and conduct
- Maintain production data in appropriate computer database, identifying trends, and correcting or escalating to appropriate department
- Work with Planning and Product Manager to identify lead times for new or altered product lines
- Monitor, review and approve employee time
- Identifies, plans, develops, and implements process improvements and enhancements
- Research, identify, and correct issues that cause inefficiencies in productivity and quality
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and hazard free work area
- Comply with all OSHA and company safety practices and regulations
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Strategic mindset - See ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Builds Effective Teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in production/manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of Supervisory/Management
- Ability to read and analyze technical drawings, shop orders/routers, production schedules, and other production documentation
- Proficiency with computers, ERP Systems, and Microsoft Suite
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Commitment to work safely in all aspects of the position
Light to Medium Work: Spending extended periods in a stationary position, both sitting and standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
City: Wheat Ridge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Supervisor
Requisition Number: 2015963
EEO Employer Verbiage: