Field Service Technician
Location: Tyler, Texas US
Job Number: 20026
Compressor Products International (CPI) designs, manufactures and markets precision-engineered sealing components and lubrication systems for reciprocating compressors used in chemical plants, refineries and natural gas processing and transportation facilities.
At CPI we strive to recruit the best people, and provide them opportunities to grow both professionally and personally. We actively support our employees as they contribute to our shared success and achieve their full potential. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for but not limited to installation, preventative maintenance & trouble shooting on lubrication systems. The technician will also work closely with the customer, which includes, assist sales team, problem solving, along with building a good rapport with the customer in the process.
- Practice and promote CPI's safety policy ensuring a safe work environment
- Supervise teams as needed on projects or worksite.
- Perform maintenance on large industrial size reciprocating gas and air compressors as well as other reciprocating equipment.
- Responsible for identifying technical issues and resolving them in a timely manner.
- Self manages while travelling out of town.
- Fosters a team environment.
- Handles administrative duties of the position, including completion of required documents.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- The ability to do some overnight travel up to 60% along with the possibility of some international travel Must have flexible availability (on-call)
- Must be able to work overtime, night and weekends
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Strong Communication skills both written and oral
- Service Oriented
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team
- Strong Organizational Skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Some college/ Trade School is preferred or work related experience
- Familiarity with Compressors & O & G Industry
Tyler, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tyler, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Technician
Requisition Number: 2015446
EEO Employer Verbiage: