Senior Product Development Engineer - Suspension Products
Location: Fairlawn, Ohio US
Job Number: 20341
The Senior Product Development Engineer develops new products and processes. This position is responsible for creating innovative designs to maintain technology leadership in the industry and is also responsible for improving existing designs to increase performance or reduce cost.
Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Lead cross functional project teams to develop, test, and approve new product components, assemblies and manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, validation, and launch of new suspension products with support from project team members. Lead new product development projects through the phase gate process for both aftermarket and OE customers.
- Schedule and lead cross-functional design review meetings with meeting minutes and action items reviewed and recorded.
- Create and maintain accurate product specifications.
- Create and maintain product launch documentation (engineering change notice, test results, engineering drawings, dimensional data, process flow diagrams, FMEA, and control plans in collaboration with the Quality team)
- Actively assist the supply chain and quality departments in supplier development and the production part approval process.
- Create 3D models and part drawings using software, and use finite element and other engineering tools to create optimum product designs.
- Meet with customers to define product requirements and to provide technical support for sales and marketing activities.
- Mentor new colleagues on corporate functions, technical prowess, and overall company culture.
- Travel as needed to meet with suppliers, customers, and manufacturing plants to provide technical support for new product launches and cost reduction activities. Typical travel requirement are in the range of 15-30%.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering. Masters or PhD degree in engineering is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years experience in product design.
- Demonstrated strength and ability to lead teams and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Project management experience with emphasis on leading cross-functional project teams.
- Thorough understanding and ability to use Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), PPAP, and FMEA methods and tools.
- Experience using 3D modeling software, preferably SOLIDWORKS
- Solid understanding of product and process quality tools such as process capability studies, gage R&R, Ppk, Cpk, and critical characteristics.
- Experience using 8D problem solving methodology.
- Ability to understand and apply geometric dimensioning and tolerancing symbols and methods.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple project simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise presentations to customers and to STEMCO leadership.
- Experience with Google products and Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel as needed including international travel.
It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
Fairlawn, Ohio, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairlawn, Ohio US
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product Development Engineer - Suspension Products
Requisition Number: 2015475
EEO Employer Verbiage: