Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 20386
Working in conjunction with a senior product engineer, the product engineer is responsible for design, development, validation, release and launch of new products. The product engineer is responsible for continuous improvement of current production products and assistance with manufacturing process improvement, customer concerns, and supplier development.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Establish product requirements for performance, durability and reliability together with any other customer wants and needs.
- Establish design goals to satisfy identified customer requirements while conforming to at least Stemco SOP 40-09.
- Work with engineering services to prepare and maintain design documentation. Also prepare test requests, test reports and prototype requests.
- Perform appropriate and required design analysis to minimize testing requirements and minimize cycle time, while maintaining reasonable probability of performance goal achievement.
- Establish program timing together with members of appropriate teams to ensure adequate product testing and development and support of manufacturing engineering and supplier technical staff.
- Report progress to program goals on a regular and programmed basis to communicate risks opportunities and status of each new product program against established milestones.
- Work with manufacturing to resolve requests for deviations. Implement Cause and Corrective actions whenever possible.
- Overnight travel up to x%.
- Works with internal and external customers to represent engineering.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Minimum requirement of BS Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum one to two years' experience.
- Must be computer literate in Windows applications, minimum word processing and spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of CAD and/or CAE. SolidWorks and ANSYS preferred.
- Experience in design and application of assigned products or products requiring very similar skills and experience.
- Preferred experience in: Problem Solving, GD&T, DFMEA, APQP, Tolerance Stack-ups, prototype procurement.
- Knowledge of materials and metrology. Knowledge of polymer chemistry and development is preferred.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Product Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015488
EEO Employer Verbiage: