CNC Machinist )
Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Job Number: 20810
Qualiseal Technology, part of Technetics Group, designs and manufactures mechanical seals for critical applications in the global aerospace and high performance industrial markets.
We are looking for a motivated CNC Machinist to join our team in Harwood Heights. In this position, you will manufacture parts within a cell, untilising multiple machines to exacting blueprint dimensions and ensuring 100% part quality. You will perform simple set-ups on both manual and CNC turning / milling machining centers as well as editing CNC programs as necessary to improve the machining process and extend tool life while meeting production rates. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to grow your career while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organisation.
What will you be doing as a CNC Machinist?
- Perform simple or repeat set-ups and operates equipment to produce high quality parts (100% good pieces) within prescribed routed time to meet production demands. If standard production rates can not be met, the operator must notify his supervisor.
- Follow documented set-up sheets according to established procedures.
- Knowledgeable in basic GD&T and its application relative to part manufacture and inspection.
- Read and understand drawings to effectively manufacture parts to close tolerances.
- Maintain equipment via established preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all prescribed quality procedures and inspection plans.
- Perform 1st piece inspections and monitors own work to meet process requirements including fully documenting inspections reports developed by the Quality department.
- Verify that the inspection equipment being utilized is in calibration and performs a simple daily check against a known master to ensure the accuracy of the gauge to be used.
- Maintain area in a neat an orderly manner.
- Knowledgeable with tool / insert selection and utilizing the correct feeds and speeds for the
- materials being machined.
- Follow supervisor's direction to troubleshoot problem processes, interfacing with Manufacturing Engineers if necessary.
- Help train new individuals in basic CNC operations.
- Any additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Answer questions for those less experienced individuals within the department and helps in their training and development under the direction of departmental supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to three years CNC Milling / Turning experience in a job shop environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings and routings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to record process notes and document continuous improvement ideas. Must be able to clearly communicate with co-workers and supervisor verbally.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve inspection problems drawing from ones experience and develop new approaches. Must be able to correctly interpret GD&T on drawings and apply them to the manufacture and inspection of parts produced.
- Must be able to read a micrometer, drop indicator and vernier caliper. Should be able to utilize the optical comparator and profilometer. Complete 1st piece inspection reports as required per routing.
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk,or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and hot cleaning solution. The employee is frequently exposed to mild fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The individual must adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: CNC Machinist )
Requisition Number: 2015243
EEO Employer Verbiage: