Director of Supply Chain
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 21036
Director is responsible for leading the STEMCO global supply chain organization, which has operations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, China, and Australia. Director will provide leadership, strategic planning, operational direction, cost savings strategies . and risk management for the material procurement process at STEMCO. The leader will also work closely with local supply chain teams in driving operational excellence in STEMCO's supply chain processes. Part of this work will include unlocking the value of ERP system investments. A key part of the role will be fostering high performing virtual teams. Director will also work closely with STEMCO and EnPro (Corporate) leadership in executing highly visible strategic initiatives.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Embraces servant leadership and inverted pyramid approach. For outside candidates are they aware what this means or is it inside code?
- Promote the STEMCO / EnPro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Develop and deploy STEMCO global supply chain strategy. Develop goals and implement action plans for global sourcing and process improvement.
- Lead talent development for global supply chain organization.
- Partner with EnPro corporate supply chain leadership in deploying management operating system (MOS), enterprise strategies and category development.
- Lead and coordinate key category charter teams across Stemco and EnPro.
- Partner with site level teams to drive operational excellence in supply chain processes, including the use and optimization of ERP systems.
- Develop partner/alliance relationship with suppliers and establish reliable supply sources that support the tactical and strategic needs of STEMCO. Lead and coordinate teams in vendor negotiation and risk mitigation planning. Facilitate with engineering and other departments in the development of material and product specifications.
- Facilitates the inventory replenishment process for manufacturing sites to distribution centers and support optimization of S & OP process.
- Assures maintenance of overall surveillance and integrity of statutory and/or Stemco Supply Chain systems process and audit requirements. Recommends additions or modifications to overall Supply Chain procedures and/or methods to improve standardization and functionality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor Degree required. Major in business, supply chain, or engineering preferred.
- 10 + years in manufacturing environment working with suppliers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with materials negotiation required.
- ERP and MRP experience a must.
- Must possess computer skills including spreadsheet analysis and construction
- Knowledge of ISO Quality and Environmental programs required.
- Microsoft Office platform experience is required.
- Experience with using project management tools.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Supply Chain
Requisition Number: 2015575
EEO Employer Verbiage: