Location: Berea, Kentucky US
Job Number: 21097
Fulfill supply chain requirements to support efficient use of working capital, while ensuring quality, on-time delivery, total cost and service. Understand, analyze and communicate global supply base, capacity and market trends, for assigned key categories. Utilize continuous improvement tools to enhance the supply chain team's effectiveness within the Stemco and EnPro organizations.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Utilize supply chain tools to develop supply base landscape and analyze key spend categories. Utilize pertinent data to scope spend and savings opportunities, while meeting internal supply requirements.
- Develop and communicate category strategies that mitigate risk and improve supply chain effectiveness. Create and/or utilize measurement tools to track, communicate and sustain achievements.
- Develop and sustain strategic alliances that improve the organizations competitive position. Optimize supply base (election/reduction/standardization).
- Lead category team(s) through negotiation process, working toward cost effective procurement of materials and services, while meeting company objectives.
- Collaborate with internal business teams to achieve harmonious productive working relationships, while improving business processes.
- Engage in tactical buying tasks which provide an uninterrupted flow of materials, supplies and services required to operate the organization.
- Contribute to working capital improvements by minimizing inventory investment and losses, lead time reductions, and favorable vendor terms.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics/Operations, Engineering or other related field. An appropriate combination of education and directly related experience is acceptable if the ability to perform duties and responsibilities is demonstrated. Supply chain certifications a plus.
- Experience working in an ISO/Quality Management System environment preferred.
- 3-5 years experience with demonstrated ability to perform essential functions
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience optimizing Supply chain attributes through the application of Lean tools and techniques
- Experience working in a matrix reporting structure organization preferred.
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Berea, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: Category Buyer
Requisition Number: 2015582
EEO Employer Verbiage: