Customer Service Specialist
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 21116
Garlock Pipeline Technologies (GPT), an EnPro Industries company, is currently seeking a Customer Service Specialist to join our customer service team out of our location in northwest Houston. The Customer Service Specialist will work in a fast-paced everchanging environment and will be responsible for the orders from domestic and potentially international customers, specifically for the GPT wall penetrating seals product line and brands. The customers are distributors focused mainly in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) within industries such as oil and gas, water or wastewater treatment, and construction or infrastructure. The Customer Service Specialist will provide quality service and detailed data entry on all orders, pricing, contract review, product specializations, quotes, bids, returns, and credit requests.
Responsibilities of the Customer Service Specialist:
- Process quotes and enter orders, review technical drawings and bids, and provide phone and email support to assigned customers, while also managing and distributing a workload from a shared mailbox and phone line
- Perform detailed contract review on incoming orders, including shipping terms, freight terms, and methods to insure the accurate information is entered and products are shipped according to the customer's request
- Prioritize, multitask, and prepare special order checklists, edit and correct orders received, make sales order changes, and notify appropriate individuals in accordance with company policy and customer requests
- Follow up and problem solve expedited requests or escalations provided by customer care team while effectively communicating a sense of urgency to the customer
- Maintain accurate records in an ERP system of all correspondence, including formal and informal quotations, internal memos, procedures, instructions, sales orders, and technical data
- Act as inside liaison and a partner for GPT Customers, Area Managers, Regional Managers, Product Line Marketing personnel, Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Shipping to clarify questionable items on quotations and orders
- Contribute towards a positive team work environment, work cooperatively with other departments and teams, and attend and participate in meetings and other GPT functions
- Develop, demonstrate, and maintain a working knowledge of GPT products, services, and company policies
Required Qualifications of the Customer Service Specialist:
- 3+ years of customer service or inside sales experience in a business to business (B2B) setting in an applicable industry, such as oil/gas, water treatment, chemical process, pulp/paper, mineral extraction, mining, or other MRO or OEM environments
- 1+ years of Microsoft Windows experience, including all Microsoft Office programs and an ERP, such as Oracle
- High School Diploma
Preferred Qualifications of the Customer Service Specialist:
- Experience or knowledge of a hard-engineered technical product made in a manufacturing facility
- Embrace and drive change; show desire for growth and learning
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
GPT offers a dynamic working environment and exceptional advancement opportunities. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages, including: medical, dental and life insurance, retirement savings plans and tuition reimbursement.
GPT, a member of the Garlock family (an EnPro Industries company), is the world's leading manufacturer of critical-service flange systems, spring-energized jacketed seals, and electrical flange isolation kits for the oil and gas, water/wastewater, and construction/infrastructure industries. GPT is a company focused on helping customers solve their critical application need. Critical pipeline sealing, electrical isolation products and our expert technical support help your company increase efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and improve safety. At GPT we believe in creating custom solutions for our customers. With global reach and some of the most technologically advanced equipment available, we can help solve the most pressing pipeline challenges. As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Service Specialist
Requisition Number: 2015583
EEO Employer Verbiage: