Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Job Number: 21602
Technetics Group, an EnPro Industries company, is looking for a motivated and experienced Systems Engineer to join our IT Operations infrastructure team. In this lead level position, you'll be based at our Harwood Heights site just northwest of Chicago and will support the management of the Information Technology (IT) system and infrastructure for Technetics' seven datacenters across the country. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to grow your career while being part of a dynamic, driven, and growth-oriented organization.
What will you be doing as a Systems Engineer?
- Conduct research on emerging products and new technology, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts to ensure continuity of services to satisfy business requirements or solve business related issues.
- Review and study assigned vendor software and hardware products to determine those that meet global needs.
- Develop and lead project initiatives that directly impact the infrastructure and IT operations of Technetics Group.
- Through oversight, proactively recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases for the system infrastructure to maintain service levels.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to outsourced vendors, junior members of the team, or other third-party contractors involved with the management or provisioning of system resources.
- Implement a monitoring tool to monitor, test performance, and provide statistics and reports to proactively identify potential problems and bottlenecks.
- Create and develop automated processes to prevent any infrastructure, hardware, or system problems from occurring.
- Work in compliance with EnPro IT policies in respect of security, access management and change management.
- Ensure all virtual and on-prem servers across the entire environment are secure and appropriate recovery and redundancy issues are addressed.
- Provide on-call technical support for the Systems Analysts as needed.
What are the technical requirements of a Systems Engineer?
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field *degree is preferred if you have 10+ years of applicable experience in a similar environment or the manufacturing industry.
- 5+ years of system administration, operations, or engineering experience, including the responsibility of monitoring datacenters and an environment(s) including on-prem and virtual servers.
- Proven experience working with vendors, managing a budget, and developing business cases for deployment of new technologies.
- Knowledge of applicable PCI, SOX, and data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience troubleshooting and developing process improvement initiatives for Windows server and virtual server environments (ie. VMware) that have database technologies like Oracle.
- Advanced working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, specifically Active Directory.
What are the technical preferences of a Systems Engineer?
- Completed and active certifications, such as Net+, MCSA/MCSE, MCTS, Security+, CCENT/CCNA/CCNP.
- Recent or current professional experience in the manufacturing or industrial industry.
- SCCM, Citrix/Terminal Services, Cisco Call Manager, Unified CM, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, or VoIP experience.
- Ability to set up, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot cloud environments (Azure, IAAS, AWS, Amazon EC2).
What are the additional requirements of a Systems Engineer?
- Proven experience leading and influencing without direct authority in an autonomous role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills; ability to work effectively with all organizational levels within a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to maintain pleasant working relationships.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015637
EEO Employer Verbiage: