Customer Service Specialist
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Job Number: 21617
Garlock Pipeline Technologies (GPT), an EnPro Industries company, is currently seeking a Customer Service Specialist to join our customer service team out of our location in Wheat Ridge, just northwest of downtown Denver. The Customer Service Specialist will work in a fast-paced ever changing environment and will be responsible for the orders from domestic and potentially international customers, specifically for the GPT product line and brands. The customers are distributors focused mainly in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) within industries such as oil and gas, water or wastewater treatment, and construction or infrastructure. The Customer Service Specialist will provide quality service and detailed data entry on all orders, pricing, contract review, product specializations, quotes, bids, returns, and credit requests.
- Process quotes and enter orders, review technical drawings and bids, and provide phone and email support to assigned customers, while also managing and distributing a workload from a shared mailbox and phone line
- Perform detailed contract review on incoming orders, including shipping terms, freight terms, and methods to insure the accurate information is entered and products are shipped according to the customer's request
- Prioritize, multitask, and prepare special order checklists, edit and correct orders received, make sales order changes, and notify appropriate individuals in accordance with company policy and customer requests
- Follow up and problem solve expedited requests or escalations provided by customer care team while effectively communicating a sense of urgency to the customer
- Maintain accurate records in an ERP system of all correspondence, including formal and informal quotations, internal memos, procedures, instructions, sales orders, and technical data
- Act as inside liaison and a partner for GPT Customers, Area Managers, Regional Managers, Product Line Marketing personnel, Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Shipping to clarify questionable items on quotations and orders
- Contribute towards a positive team work environment, work cooperatively with other departments and teams, and attend and participate in meetings and other GPT functions
- Develop, demonstrate, and maintain a working knowledge of GPT products, services, and company policies
- Collaborates - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively - developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Self-Awareness - uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Customer Focus - building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Action Oriented - taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Builds Networks - effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
- Instills trust - gaining confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Situational adaptability - adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Optimizes work processes- Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- 3+ years of customer service or inside sales experience in a business to business (B2B) setting in an applicable industry, such as oil/gas, water treatment, chemical process, pulp/paper, mineral extraction, mining, or other MRO or OEM environments with high school diploma
- 1+ years of ears of customer service or inside sales experience in a business to business (B2B) setting, ideally in an applicable industry, such as oil/gas, water treatment, chemical process, pulp/paper, mineral extraction, mining, or other MRO or OEM environments with bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of Microsoft Windows experience, including all Microsoft Office programs and an ERP, such as Oracle
- Experience or knowledge of a hard-engineered technical product made in a manufacturing facility is preferred
- Embrace and drive change; show desire for growth and learning
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
GPT offers a dynamic working environment and exceptional advancement opportunities. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages, including: medical, dental and life insurance, retirement savings plans and tuition reimbursement.
GPT, a member of the Garlock family (an EnPro Industries company), is the world's leading manufacturer of critical-service flange systems, spring-energized jacketed seals, and electrical flange isolation kits for the oil and gas, water/wastewater, and construction/infrastructure industries.
GPT is a company focused on helping customers solve their critical application need. Critical pipeline sealing, electrical isolation products and our expert technical support help your company increase efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and improve safety.
At GPT we believe in creating custom solutions for our customers. With global reach and some of the most technologically advanced equipment available, we can help solve the most pressing pipeline challenges.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
Evolution - Isolation Gasket from GPT
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
City: Wheat Ridge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Service Specialist
Requisition Number: 2015642
EEO Employer Verbiage: