Assembly Technician-3rd Shift
Location: Berea, Kentucky US
Job Number: 21620
The Assembly Technician performs a variety of manufacturing and assembly operations for several different product lines according to customer requirements. Ensure Safety protocol and best practices are followed. Perform all duties required in multiple areas of the plant. This role requires constant communication and interaction with multiple disciplines such as, Quality Assurance, Operations, Engineering, Human Resources, Supply Chain and Accounting. Active participation in continuous improvement activities is required through different avenues. For example: Safety committees, Core teams, Kaizen and Manage by Fact teams (MBF).
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Perform duties as required to assemble various products according to customer specifications.
- Inspect materials and validate processes to ensure quality requirements are met.
- Adjust machines and equipment as needed to ensure colleague safety, and quality of product.
- Document production and time information.
- Assist in training colleagues according to proper procedures and safety.
- Maintain a clean and organized work station to ensure safety, efficiency, and quality of the product.
- Rotate among Assembly positions in the different manufacturing areas as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- High school graduate or GED with one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fork-Lift certification and operation will be required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide will be required.
- Ability to read and understand basic operating procedures and production requirements.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Frequent walking and standing are required for this position.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from work instructions and/or prints.
- Demonstrated quality and reliability focus
1-2 years previous assembly experience
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Berea, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly Technician-3rd Shift
Requisition Number: 2015639
EEO Employer Verbiage: