Location: Berea, Kentucky US
Job Number: 21834
Lead and coordinate facility teams to achieve established results while guiding, providing support, removing barriers, holding individuals and teams accountable. Driving continuous improvement while utilizing EnPro management techniques and philosophies. Work with Team Leads and act as liaison where appropriate between production team and distribution team and rest of the organization. Responsibility will span both factory and distribution areas of the business. Development of internal talent will be a key success factor for the supervisor, while maintaining quality and cost controls over the various teams.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Meet production demand - Plan, assign and supervise work of production employees, schedules manpower, vacations, etc. Evaluates performance of colleagues, facilitates teamwork, coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees. Provides reinforcement and positive relationship building.
- Communicate and enforce company policies, procedures and practices. Provides leadership and guidance. Ensure effective employee relations. Encourages positive interactions among team members. Champions standard work practices within cells.
- Monitor Dept performance metrics, including visual controls and provide regular progress reports Management
- Coordinates maintenance support and works with technical groups to resolve problems.
- Develops individuals within production teams. Conducts kaizen events and cost reduction activities for continuous improvement. Supports 5S and productivity improvements. Tracks and sustains improvements.
- Intimately involved and proactively WMS proficiency among themselves, and team members.
- Managing and leading intra-facility movements of product, material handling equipment, infrastructure as new facilities come on line.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Quality related experience preferred (6 Sigma, Lean, etc)
- Strong computer proficiency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Self-motivation and strong initiative
- Ability to travel as needed
- Machining or engineering background preferred
- Distribution Operations experience preferred
- Understanding of Distribution effectiveness and operational execution
- A passion for servant leadership and employee development and improvement
5-7 years manufacturing leadership; distribution operations experience preferred
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Berea, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor-3rd Shift
Requisition Number: 2015678
EEO Employer Verbiage: