Location: Fairlawn, Ohio US
Job Number: 21911
The Engineering Intern assists with the development and testing of new air spring products. This position is responsible for completing various design and testing activities. The Engineering Intern will typically work closely with members of the full-time engineering staff to create innovative designs to maintain technology leadership in the industry and also work to improve existing designs to increase performance or reduce cost.
Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Become familiar with and practice Psychological Safety.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Assist engineers in the development and testing of new product components, assemblies, and manufacturing processes.
- Participate in cross-functional design review meetings and complete action items to support the team's objectives.
- Perform updates and maintenance of product specifications, product catalogs, and product drawings.
- Create 3D models and part drawings using software, and use finite element and other engineering tools to create optimum product designs.
- Passion for Engineering and related disciplines.
- A Degree or pending degree in Engineering or relevant Business Management/ Engineering field with strong academic performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with teams and achieve extraordinary results.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft office and experience with Google preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills.
- A proven ability to manage multiple competing projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Experience using 3D modeling software, preferably SOLIDWORKS.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise presentations.
It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
1 year experience or less
2 years of college
Fairlawn, Ohio, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairlawn, Ohio US
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Co-Op
Requisition Number: 2015688
EEO Employer Verbiage: