Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 24848
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse, a division of EnPro Industries, has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you.
Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As an Application Engineer at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of large power systems to support customers with planning, managing and executing technical proposals. Your role will see you working across large power systems and services that may include standard power systems, modified power systems and customized power systems. You will cover major service projects across a variety of industries including the oil and gas, marine, and/or power generation sectors.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of application engineering, including:
- Executing the RFP/RFI (Request for Proposal/Request for Information) process and utilizing knowledge or company resources in a collaborative manner.
- Translating the customer requirements into Fairbanks Morse technical specifications, such as test plan, Preliminary BOMs for Quotation Purpose, Preliminary P&ID, etc.
- Responding to RFP/RFI from account managers or customers within 48 hours.
- Providing expertise on the functional and technical elements of RFI/RFP.
- Conveying customer requirements to Product Engineering.
- Providing training and promoting our product and services to the Inside Sales Team and Sales Managers.
- Helping to transfer knowledge of Fairbanks Morse Products and Services throughout the organization.
- Supporting internal stakeholders such as SBL, Sales Managers, etc. to expeditiously develop formal quotes and proposals to RFP/RFI.
- Collaborating with our marketing teams on the development and delivery of product and service presentations.
- Supporting Sales Managers and our Field Service team to ensure Fairbanks Morse delivers to customer's expectations.
- Helping to create the standards and tools for use in all proposal generation processes.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience within an outside sales, manufacturing, engineering or service position.
- 2+ years of experience in the engineering or manufacturing of power systems.
- Ability to travel throughout sales territory and internationally if needed, up to 75% of the time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project.
What would make you stand out?
- 3+ years of experience in the engineering or manufacturing of power systems.
- Large engine/Marine application experience and/or knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory body requirements, including emissions requirements.
- Design modeling software experience, e.g. AutoCad, ProEngineer, etc.
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Application Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016040
EEO Employer Verbiage: