Associate Field Service Technician - Canada
Location: Cochrane, Alberta CA
Job Number: 23501
*This position is based out of the Fairbanks Morse Service Center in Cochrane - Alberta, Canada.*
An Associate Field Service Technician, AFST, is responsible for performing hands-on installation, commissioning, and service (scheduled or unplanned) on diesel and natural gas engines serviced by Fairbanks Morse under direction by a more senior service technician. The AFST shall maintain a safe, professional and positive attitude, perform quality workmanship, and be responsive to customer needs.
- Demonstrate professional work skills in the repair, overhaul, or commissioning of diesel and natural gas engines on marine vessels or at customer oil and gas sites
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision for daily operations
- Perform shop operations including general machining, part inspections, assembly, and testing
- May be assigned to warehouse duties such as receiving, inventory, and miscellaneous shop duties
- Perform work related tasks in strict accordance with company product tech manuals and procedures.
- Complete on-the-job training (OJT) on at least one engine product line and supporting systems within the first year in this position.
- Keep current on Engineering Change Orders, Field Service Change Notices and Service Information Letters.
- Document work performed on Service Reports and record critical inspections
- Operate in a safe manner in accordance with published safety guidelines.
- Wear appropriate PPE as per company guidelines and in accordance with job duties
- Adhere to Safety policy guidelines.
- Report all work related accidents or injuries within 1 hour to the appropriate leaders.
- Complete safety training requirements as outlined on regional safety schedule.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting according to company guidelines
- Time cards, expense reports, mileage reports, project reports, etc.
- Maintain company property according to company policies
- Vehicle, credit cards, PPE, test equipment, laptop, etc.
- Perform high quality workmanship
- Be responsive to customer needs and act as an FME ambassador of customer satisfaction
- Strive to provide all customers a "first time fix" for their equipment
- Maintain customer satisfaction rates according to company guidelines
- Complete all work in an efficient and timely manner
- Adhere to company dress code and safety regulations
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance
- Required experience (one or more of the following)
- Journeyman Automotive, Heavy Equipment, Millwright, or Gas Compression Technician 3 rd or 4 th year apprentices are encouraged to apply
- Military experience - navy engineman etc. would be considered an asset.
- Equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of diesel and spark ignition gas engines, test equipment and basic engine theory
- Basic understanding of gas compression and associated hazards
- Must be able to read and interpret engine line diagrams and blueprints
- Basic foundation of pneumatic, PLC and electronic engine controls
- High mechanical aptitude and abilities
- Ability to independently interpret product tech manual to troubleshoot engine problems
- Must be a reliable team player who exhibits a professional demeanor
- Additional skills:
- Proficiency in English language (verbal and writing)
- Proficiency in French language (verbal and writing) would be considered an asset
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds frequently
- Ability to travel (up to 75%) including weekends, evenings and holidays and in emergency situations travel on short notice
- Maintain valid driver's license and qualify for company credit card
- Hazardous environments associated with heavy rotating equipment in gas compression, marine, and nuclear applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cochrane, Alberta CA
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Field Service Technician - Canada
Requisition Number: 2015899
EEO Employer Verbiage: