Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 24678
Based in NW Houston, Texas, Technetics PTFE & Polymer Solutions engineers and manufactures a full range of standard and custom polymer products and services, including tapes and films, thread seal, rods and cylinders, compression- and isostatic-molded components, custom machining, high performance etching, semiconductor component cleaning and more.
Our state-of-the-art compounding laboratories and engineering capabilities allow us to work with customers to develop new polymer technologies that address specific critical application needs in a broad array of industries, including Aerospace, Semiconductor, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Chemical Processing, Industrial and Construction.
We are looking for a detail oriented team player who is eager to learn to join our team as an Associate Engineer. This exciting opportunity will provide you a chance to work hands on with some amazing people while growing your career in a dynamic, driven, and growth oriented organization.
The Associate Engineer will provide support to manufacturing and engineering in the areas of process development, control, and change. The Associate Engineer will also champion continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery, as well as participate as a cross-functional team member in pursuing assigned initiatives to a successful and timely conclusion, typically under the guidance of a senior-level engineer.
- Assist in developing and/or changing production processes to improve quality, cost, and delivery.
- Create and/or modify process control documentation.
- Oversee process change control for respective production area.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished and in process product, establishing process capabilities, establishing standards, and confirming production processes.
- Works alongside Process Engineers to develop new production processes and implement new or modified equipment.
- Supports day to day initiatives such as implementing corrective actions, employee training and certification, quality troubleshooting, process troubleshooting, machine troubleshooting, and safety enhancements.
- Assists in introduce new products to production through conducting initial setups, confirming part quality, creating respective documentation, designing and procuring required tooling and fixtures, and training.
- Communicates with internal and external customers, suppliers, other company personnel providing technical expertise and counsel as required.
- Performs any other assigned duty as directed by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering strongly preferred
- Proficiency using Solid Works or AutoCAD preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, high-mix manufacturing environment
- Experience with PTFE, polymers, or a mold shop environment a strong plus.
- Ability to communicate and interface well with others.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Six Sigma certification (Green/Black Belt) preferred.
- Committed, dedicated and self-motivated working ethics, with full ownership of projects or assigned tasks.
- The desire to strive for continuous improvement and excellence within a fast-paced growth environment.
- Demonstrates great inter personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude as well as a passion for continuous improvement.
Enpro and Technetics Group are Equal Opportunity Employer All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016020
EEO Employer Verbiage: