Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 24693
General Nature of Job:
The Accountant supports the Controller and Accounting Manager in preparing and reporting monthly financial data, account reconciliations and various other tasks.
- Assist and support the General Ledger and Operations Accounting groups with various month end reporting tasks, including journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis, and intra/intercompany accounts, reporting, and other areas as assigned.
- Assist with completing the annual budget, quarterly forecasting and reporting.
- Performs Sarbanes Oxley testing, routine analysis and provides support for internal and external audits. Reviews narratives with business process owners and updates where appropriate.
- Assist with taking periodic physical inventories. This can include auditing, entering inventory tag counts, performing reconciliations and reporting inventory adjustments.
- Manage shared services invoicing, provide monthly department spend reports and will help to identify and investigate variances.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures to ensure appropriate controls are in place to meet regulatory requirements.
- May be required to assist in special projects, peak workloads or other events and serve as a backup to other general accounting functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This list is not all inclusive of all the functions to be performed.
- Should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness for self-development and continuous improvement
- Ability to take action, make decisions and facts driven approach
- Action oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Nimble learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Manages ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plans and aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 2-5 years of experience in Accounting/Finance
Office/Occasional exposure to factory environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant
Requisition Number: 2016021
EEO Employer Verbiage: