Field Service Supervisor - Houston
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 25406
Field Service Supervisor
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, open vacation policy, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on a philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Field Service Supervisor at Fairbanks Morse, you will be responsible for leading the Houston field service team and promoting a safe environment across the service center. From providing quotes and managing budgets to helping our teams maintain their level of quality and execution of projects - your work keeps our US Navy and Coastguard safe. You will utilize your mechanical and electrical aptitude of diesel engines to lead the field service technicians who maintain the performance of our award-winning engine lines for our global customer base, including the US Navy.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of diesel engine maintenance teams, including:
- Planning, directing and managing the work performed by diesel technicians to optimize labor capacity, meet customer schedules, and ensure high quality work and customer satisfaction.
- Scheduling and dispatching technicians while meeting customer demand and employee vacation and personal time needs.
- Developing a log of standard work and time requirements to complete assignments which may be used to quote future work.
- Reviewing of daily service reports, condition found reports by all tech reps, timecards, and expense reports for all technicians.
- Assessing the talent of the workforce and implementing annual training and development plans.
- Motivating and coaching the workforce to provide superior customer service.
- Performing mid-year and year-end performance assessments; recommend merit increases and promotions based upon performance or develop performance improvement plans to take disciplinary actions as required.
- Recommending staffing levels to ensure manpower resources are available to satisfy customer requirements including participating recruiting/interview processes and hiring decisions.
- Implementing productivity improvements through use of more effective tools, training, or improved processes.
- Managing production with the Project Managers or Sales Managers on the larger scale projects.
- Coordinating with Quality Manager for all quality related tasking including Process Control Procedures (PCPs) and Test and Evaluation (T&I) documentation.
What are we looking for?
- Diesel technician experience in the military (ex. Navy or Coastguard) servicing engines, or field service experience with a competitor that also manufactures and services medium speed diesel engines
- 6+ years with an Associate's Degree
- 8+ years with a High School Diploma
- 3+ years' experience in a team lead, project management, or supervisory position
What would make you stand out?
- Completed bachelor's degree
- Hands-on experience with a variety of Fairbanks Morse engine products
- Basic foundation knowledge of pneumatic, PLC, and electronic controls
- Solid knowledge of working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project)
- Knowledge of an ERP or CRM system (Oracle, Salesforce)
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse is known for its culture where it seeks to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Fairbanks Morse are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Supervisor - Houston
Requisition Number: 2016113
EEO Employer Verbiage: