Location: Thorofare, New Jersey US
Job Number: 25582
- Troubleshoot and resolve process and machine problems to ensure and improve manufacturing efficiencies and uptime. Support Manufacturing of coiled strip processing, stamping & forming, machining, finishing operations and assembly.
- Work with maintenance personnel to support plant systems (power, utilities, compressor, wastewater) as necessary.
- Introduce new technology and automation into the manufacturing process.
- Determine the functional requirements for new equipment and identify upgrade requirements that are needed for existing equipment.
- Work with the various manufacturing departments to define those needs, develop solutions including implementation of new equipment and upgrades to help meet those requirements.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify problems in existing manufacturing processes and development solutions to help improve those processes.
- Work with Engineering and R&D to help develop and implement new product / process designs.
- Develop specifications for equipment/line modifications and/or additions
- Develop project resource requirements - time, money, manpower
- Prepare and submit requests for project funding (CAR's)
- Prepare and submit purchase specification and purchase requirements for projects
- Coordinate plant and contract personnel with Production and Facilities departments
- Develop engineering designs for equipment/layout
- Prepare electrical drawings for new installations or equipment modifications
- Schedule and facilitate design and project status meetings with contractors, consultants, plant personnel and management. Prepare and develop associated reports as necessary.
- Train plant personnel on the operation and maintenance of equipment/modifications
- Qualify new installations/modifications for production use
- Maintain project documentation
- Assist departments with equipment budget preparation
- Superior interpersonal skills including both verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work dynamically in a cross-functional environment
- Working knowledge of process controls system and their applications
- Proficient in programming PLC's (Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.) and VFDs
- Competent skills with PC's, networking, device communications and database design
- Good communication skills - must be able to develop specifications, proposals, and presentations and communicate effectively within the organization
- Working knowledge of "AutoCAD" or Solidworks, MS Project and MS Office is desirable
- Knowledge of vision system and robotics is a plus
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft O365 Platforms
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years minimum previous Industrial Manufacturing experience
- 2 years Project Management Experience
Thorofare, New Jersey, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Thorofare, New Jersey US
State: New Jersey
Community / Marketing Title: Controls Engineer
Requisition Number: 2016157
EEO Employer Verbiage: