Business Development Manager
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 25696
Business Development Manager
The ideal candidate lives on the East Coast or in,AL, TN, KY, IN, OH and MI. Remote position - work from home - Travel up to 50%
No relocation offered
Technetics' PTFE & Polymer Solutions division engineers and manufactures a full range of standard and custom polymer products and services for critical applications. Our products go into a diverse set of end markets, including semiconductor, aerospace, medical, chemical, industrial, oil & gas, and construction.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to lead our sales efforts across core markets. As a BDM, you will be responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies for your respective geographical territory by working closely with internal and external teams. The BDM will primarily be responsible for breaking into new markets and developing new business.
Note - the territory for this position is the Eastern Region, including the entire eastern coast as well as but not limited to AL, TN, KY, IN, OH and MI.
The BDM will be required to reside in a state within the geographical territory and will be working out of a home office while not traveling in the field, which is slated to average 50%.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager:
Market Network, Evaluation & Analysis
- In designated territory, develop holistic view of product applications, competitive dynamics, and opportunity set for growth within core markets
- Provide intelligence regarding target markets to evaluate opportunities and threats in those markets
- Create a network of key decision makers within current and target accounts
- As required, brief Technetics leadership on status of customers, market, and opportunities in target markets
Sales Strategy & Planning
- Develop strategic sales plan (including target customers, revenue and margin targets, and product focus) by working collaboratively with the product management, new product introduction, and inside sales teams
- Communicate on a regular basis to the senior management team a tactical sales plan (30 and 60-day call plan, visit plan, new prospect targeting)
- Develop quarterly and annual revenue forecasts for the customers and markets served
- Grow book of business to include new customers to diversify customer base and grow revenue
- Interface on a regular basis with purchasing and engineering teams in target accounts, understanding their concerns and needs and translating those into actions
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate and informative call information, deal history and contacts in CRM platform
Negotiation of Commercial Arrangements & Sales Support
- As necessary, assist with development of quotations and RFQs
- Negotiate (with the assistance of the other senior personnel as required) pricing and deal terms on a one-off and long-term service contract basis
- Provide sales support as needed to existing customers
Required Qualifications of the Business Development Manager:
- Completed bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Manager, or related field
- 3-5+ years of B2B sales experience in an industrial market with direct business development responsibilities
- Demonstrated success in growing sales from legacy customers, developing prospects, and securing new customers
- Proficiency and daily usage of a CRM, preferably Salesforce
Preferred Qualifications of the Business Development Manager:
- Recent experience in the aerospace, semiconductor, medical, electrical, and/or machine markets
- Technical understanding of polymer products
Technetics offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary, bonus opportunities, and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and 12 paid holidays.
Technetics Group combines the experience, foresight and innovation needed to meet the demands of a rapidly advancing technological age. Our unique make-up unites the expertise of several global manufacturing locations, working toward a common goal to remain at the forefront of not just one industry, but many markets and applications.
Here at Technetics Group we strive to ensure all our employees become a part of our organizational culture and follow the five pillars of leadership. Within our dual bottom line culture, your own development and potential is given the same weight as corporate financial success.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Technetics PTFE & Polymer solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Manager
Requisition Number: 2016207
EEO Employer Verbiage: