Quality Operations Engineer
Location: San Luis Potosí, MX
Job Number: 21822
Quality Operations Engineer (Coordinator)
Summary of the Position
To mantain systems and processes related to quality control on the shop floor, to manage statistical data to control quality operations, analyze and drive down scrap data and improve production standards.
- To adopt EnPro/STEMCO's values of safety in each one of the duties of the position. To participate on Organizational safety culture and to aim to continuously improve safety in every aspects of the position.
- To promote an organizational environment that encourages the mutual respect among all colleagues and creates an environment focused on the dual bottom line philosophy.
- To promote EnPro/STEMCO's culture showing the five basic principles of leadership: Model the way, Inspire a shared vision, Empower others to act, Challenge the process and Encourage the Heart.
- To stop production processes whenever they are delivering non conforming material.
- Whenever is possible, to get solved any problems within quality system that may place in risk the quality of the product.
- To dispose any material that under his/her judgment is non conforming.
- To ask for a revision of the evaluations of returned product, when in his/her judgment the results are not correct.
- To give Support in activities related to documentation within the quality system, as result of any modification to the productive processes.
- To manage information related to dock audits, scrap, OEE, etc.
- To participate and/or lead problem solving teams (8D's).
- To collaborate in the management of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and process improvement activities.
- To maintain (and if the case stablish) IATF16949:2016 requirements
- To monitor manufacturing processes.
- To manage non conforming material.
- To collaborate in conducting MSA studies.
- To coordinate Q-Tech teams (Production, Maintenance and Quality) to improve overall quality on the shop floor and in all areas of it.
- Conduct all efforts to reduce scrap: intel, data breakdown, meetings, activities, participants. Etc.
- Review non conforming material from the field (RGAs) and given the case take actions on the shop floor to avoid it.
- Supervise all activities from the Quality Operations Engineers from other areas.
- Support the SQE (supplier quality engineer)
- Document all pertaining activities that affect the Quality System Standard
- To coordinate with the Tech team in Fairlawn to clear all doubts on product being launch or being produced.
- To maintain operational controls established within the EMS in his/her working area.
- To encourage the collaboration and awareness of the operative personnel in regards the activities needed for keeping certification on ISO-14001:2015.
- To identify environmental aspects and impacts in his/her working area, as well to identify any potential risks and opportunities associated to those aspects.
- To watch over the compliance of procedures and work instructions established within the EMS.
- Authority to take decisions in order to avoid non desirable effects within the EMS.
- Authority to assign activities to the operative personnel looking forward the compliance of the EMS.
Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum Scholarship (or Equivalent)
Bachelor Degree (Mechanical/Chemical Eng)
Knowledge, Competencies and Skills
- Core Tools for Automotive Industry
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment (rubber industry).
- Quality standards IATF16949 knowledge.
- Problem Solving Techniques.
- Personnel Managing
- Languages: English 100%
- Personnel administration
- Vendors and Customer relations experienced.
Less than 1 yr.
1+ to 2 yrs.
X 2+ to 5 yrs.
5+ to 7 yrs
7 + to 10 yrs
San Luis Potosí, Mexico
City: San Luis Potosí
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Luis Potosí, MX
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Operations Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015676
EEO Employer Verbiage: