Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 22547
Fairbanks Morse in Beloit, WI is hiring Material Handlers!
Responsibilities of the Material Handler:
- General Functions
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
- Lighter lifts are made by hand, heavier lifts made by power/hand truck, hoist, or crane.
- Perform a variety of transactions within appropriate computer system to document work performed within assigned work area.
- Trucking Functions
- Direct movement of and/or move rough, semi-finished or finished material or parts to/from production and stocking areas, machines, inspection areas, plant yards and place material in proper location.
- Load and unload trailers as required.
- Routinely check equipment to insure proper maintenance and repair.
- Perform pick-ups and deliveries of mail, stationery stores orders, parcels, etc., inside or outside plant using company van or truck when assigned (valid Driver's License required).
- Dispatching Functions
- Follow established procedures, performing the dispatching and expediting of jobs and movement of material.
- Assist supervision in locating or expediting jobs as needed.
- Line up E&D and scrap tickets for reorder and rework.
- Stockroom Functions
- Perform job duties such as put up engine assembly kits including all parts of the subassemblies both purchased and manufactured.
- Replenish parts or supplies in Kanban areas as signals are received. This may involve replenishing bins or ordering additional parts or supplies from suppliers.
- Check kits for shortages, as well as incoming stock for parts required by short kits.
- Receiving Functions
- Receive all materials coming into the facility including such duties as unloading, checking all items against packing slips, preparing receiving reports.
- Dispatches or delivers items to the appropriate department.
- Packing/Shipping Functions
- Prepare and expedite the packaging and shipment of commercial, government, nuclear and export parts orders.
- Insure packing is in accordance with customer requirements such as government mil-specs.
Required Skills Include:
- Previous material handling in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience with materials management systems.
- Ability to operate materials management-related equipment such forklifts, power/hand trucks, hoist or crane to support manufacturing/production environment.
- Demonstrated capability to work with an acute attention to detail and accuracy.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- 1+ to 2 Years related work experience is required.
- Direct material handling work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience working in a unionized manufacturing environment is helpful.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Material Handler
Requisition Number: 2015759
EEO Employer Verbiage: