Project Mechanical Engineer, Marine Segment
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 22606
Our Fairbanks Morse team is currently seeking a Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer to join our Engineering team in Beloit, WI. As a Project Engineer, you will mainly be responsible for providing technical engineering support to all aspects of the business unit including, manufacturing, production, quality, purchasing, sales and marketing for current and new engines. You will oversee the entire project, working with customers on new product improvements and with teams to install new engines. You will have the opportunity to work with giant diesel engines manufactured for the Navy, Coast Guard, commercial maritime, all marine applications and power generation where the power generation spin generators for remote power points, generations, plants or oil rigs, and backup power for nuclear plants. The extensive applications of our technology provide many opportunities for growth with our teams.
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Responsibilities of the Project Engineer:
- Determine optimum technical approach and solutions to meet customer specifications
- Make engineering-based decisions to meet project goals and objectives and be responsible for all technical aspects of the assigned product or project
- Provide information and guidance to Design and Drafting group to complete all required drawings and responsibility for approval
- Lead the development, release, and maintenance of internal product and project documents (BOM's and item masters)
- Be the primary technical interface with the customer and be responsible for customer submittals and deliverables (i.e.- analytical reports, test procedures/reports, system schematics, etc.)
- Be responsible for accuracy and completeness of customer and factory acceptance test reports
- Work closely with program management and other project team members, providing and managing engineering timelines and updates for all involved engineering groups
- Assist QA, Manufacturing, and Purchasing with disposition of NCRs (Non Conformance Reports), determining root cause to quality problems, new supplier qualification, design changes, assembly issues, etc. Develop solutions to identified problems
- Assist Technical Support with existing installations and programs
- Assist in preparation of proposals for new engine sales or upgrade kits
- Redesign and implement replacement components due to parts obsolescence, cost reduction efforts, upgraded design, etc.
- Conduct failure investigations and write reports and perform funded Engineering studies and write reports
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed
Required Qualifications of the Project Engineer:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Marine Engineering, or an equivalent engineering degree
- 3+ years engineering experience in power system design, development, or application or engineering experience with diesel engines
Preferred Qualifications of the Project Engineer:
- Experience and thorough understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes and with engine design
- Engineering Project Management experience
- Background in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) ASME Y-14.5
- Knowledgeable with materials, material specifications, properties and heat treatment, etc.
- Familiarity with Codes written by ASME, ASTM, AWS, ABS, etc.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project
- Experience with Oracle
Fairbanks Morse offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, full tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid holidays.
About Fairbanks Morse
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. Reliable and dependable, their flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service. Joining the quarter century club because of how long people stick around the company due to growth and opportunity. Learn more about how Fairbanks Morse is committed to delivering power where it is needed most in the world by visiting www.fairbanksmorse.com .
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Project Mechanical Engineer, Marine Segment
Requisition Number: 2015770
EEO Employer Verbiage: