Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Job Number: 22794
Responsible for developing, implementing and leading the environmental, health and safety programs as well as cultural change. As expert resource, partner with facility leadership to ensure colleagues develop a strong understanding of the EnPro EHS Safety Culture and Approach. Partner with the leadership team and colleagues to ensure that programs are implemented, training is in place to develop skill sets required and steps are in place to ensure sustainability. This position will also support EnPro Learning System business with training and consulting services, as well as refining current and new product content. Utilizing their understanding of safety standards to drive innovation and provide greater service to both internal and external customers.
- Understand/Implement safety compliance and safety systems
- Understand organizational change, methods, and approaches and support business needs for consulting, training, and business development
- Build rapport with customers and establish credibility
- Support development of current and new safety training product content for commercialization (e.g., SafetyFirst)
- Effectively direct the activities of others including establishing expectations, removing barriers, and managing performance
- Manage peer relationships, work collaboratively, and accomplish objectives
- Work effectively through and positively influence others where there is no reporting relationship
- Think through complex issues and develop solutions that deliver integrated and long-lasting results
- Be action oriented and help others see the goals for safety, health, and environment, and produce results throughout the organization
- Up to 50% travel to internal and external customers is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by team lead and/or manager.
- Degree in Environmental/Health/Safety or Engineering required
- Experience leading EHS initiatives through internships, co-ops or other employment
- Experience as a recognized safety advocate with influence in the organization
- Safety Certifications (ASP, CSP, CIH, or equivalent) preferred; otherwise will be expected to obtain certification
- Familiarity and ability to reinterpret standards and regulations
- Technical competence in environmental compliance
- Anticipate needs of the customer and provide solutions
- Self -starter and able to drive projects to completion
- 50% travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: EHS Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015804
EEO Employer Verbiage: