Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 22812
- Serve as a mentor to facilitate EHS team leaders and core teams.
- Provide leadership and direction for EHS Intern / Coordinator (direct report).
- Participate in and provide leadership to the incident investigation process including the coordination of corrective actions and participation in escalated injury/incident calls to executive management team.
- Provide site support in the area of environmental permitting, air compliance, incident investigation including root cause analysis, spill prevention plans, pollution prevention, hazardous waste, auditing, environmental training and etc.
- Develop and sustain pollution control, pollution prevention and recycling programs.
- Manage the development and implementation of an environmental management system (ISO 14001)
- Coordinate all aspects of resource use, pollution reduction, waste management, environmental health, risk assessments and employee involvement.
- Ensure compliance and keep up to date with environmental legislation and best practices.
- Maintain regular contact with regulatory bodies such as WDNR, City of Beloit, and local fire department
- Analyze, make recommendations, and influence safety improvements and behaviors.
- Assist the core teams with visual metric opportunities (PDCA).
- Coordinate and perform Job Hazard Assessments / Job Safety Analysis.
- Participate as an internal QEHS Auditor and an ISO 14001 Lead.
- Assist in the development of training and communication materials for teams utilizing existing training program technology.
- Assist and support EMLS (EnPro Manufacturing Learning System) Teams with any EHS related items.
- Participate in the sharing of environmental and health & safety best management practices among facilities and divisions.
- Provide routine expert analysis to facilities regarding safety and health statistics and trends and provide metrics monthly to division leads.
- Research, recommend, and assist in the development and implement of engineered safety solutions to prevent future incidents / injuries.
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices.
- Audit and report environmental performance to internal and external customers and regulatory bodies.
- Identify, assess and reduce environmental risks and financial costs.
- Raise awareness, at all levels of our organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, corporate, ethical and social responsibility.
- Manage the environmental budget by negotiating environmental service agreements and managing associated costs and revenues.
- Train staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Four (4) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent field of study is required; Master's degree a plus
- Professional certifications, such as CIH, CSP, CHMM, and/or PE strongly preferred
- Comprehension of industry, local, state, and federal environmental, health, and safety requirements/regulatory agencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Must possess a high level of verbal and written communications skills along with interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional management of safety initiatives
- Ability to work effectively in both independently and in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Results-oriented with willingness to take responsibility and initiative
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving capabilities
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: EHS Manager
Requisition Number: 2015809
EEO Employer Verbiage: