Location: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 22948
Design Engineering Manager
Technetics (an EnPro company) is currently seeking a Design Engineer to join our Engineering team in Daytona Beach, FL. The Design Engineering Manager will mainly be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all aspects of the Engineering department to meet site goals and objectives for design, new product development and introduction, and continuous improvement of existing product lines.
Note: Relocation assistance is available to the Daytona Beach, FL area for this position. 10% travel will be required.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineering Manager:
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data, analysis, and plan any documentation systems
- Select, train, develop, empower, and mentor team members
- Develop, determine, and implement policies, procedures, and programs
- Select correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or continuous improvement of existing products
- Initiate and propose forward looking Capital Needs - Equipment Replacement and Safety related improvements are scoped out in advance of requests being made to plan budgets, projects, and initiatives
- Review and analyze proposals and Capital Expenditure Requests to determine benefits a justification of investment
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform leadership of the current status of each project
- Work with operations, quality, and sales functions to review and monitor quality and process improvements and new product development
- Direct engineer functions as it relates to the overall design concept within the site and organization as well as existing customers
Required Qualifications of the Design Engineering Manager:
- 7+ years of experience in a Design Engineering leadership role
- Experience within a relevant engineering design capacity
- Ability to empower team members and serve in a Servant Leadership capacity
- Ability to manage projects of moderate complexity
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proven ability to work with and lead a cross-functional team
- Strong project management experience
Preferred Qualifications of the Design Engineering Manager:
- Experience within Aerospace manufacturing environment
Physical Requirements of the Design Engineering Manager:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls
- Reach overhead
- Work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Lift or move 15 pounds of weight on occasion
Education of the Design Engineering Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering highly preferred
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
Technetics offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid time off.
Technetics Group combines the experience, foresight, and innovation needed to meet the demands
of a rapidly advancing technological age. Our unique make-up unites the expertise of several global
manufacturing locations, working toward a common goal to remain at the forefront of not just one
industry, but many markets and applications.
Here at Technetics Group we strive to ensure all our employees become a part of our organizational culture and follow the five pillars of leadership. Within our dual bottom line culture, your own development and potential is given the same weight as corporate financial success.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
City: Daytona Beach
Location_formattedLocationLong: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager
Requisition Number: 2015826
EEO Employer Verbiage: