Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Job Number: 23265
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the shipping, receiving, and coordination of incoming and outgoing products and materials.
- Manage the packing, counting, coordination, and organization of packed products in the staging lanes and dock door area
- Responsible for scanning, filing, and record keeping of various documents pertaining to incoming and outgoing shipments
- Prepare and process all required documentation for domestic and international shipping including DOT regulated documents and Sarbane Oxley (SOX) procedures
- Works with customers and 3 rd parties to ensure all customer required processes are followed
- Communicates all docked orders to the customer and internal teams
- Investigate and resolve any shipping related issues and communicates resolution to appropriate parties
- Adhere to US Government laws for AES filing/documentation, Denied Party Screening, Sanctioned Countries/Parties, International Documentation requirements, and Diversions
- Works with Inventory team to perform inspections, cycle counts, and warehouse organization
- Utilize pallet jacks and forklifts to move materials for loading and unloading freight
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and hazard free work area
- Comply with all OSHA and company safety practices and regulations
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and touch challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Being resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years' experience with operating material handling equipment and logistics
- Excellent organizational, communication, and PC skills. Including logistics reporting and accuracy with counting and use of bar-coding equipment.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision
- Commitment to work safely in all aspects of the position
Light to Medium Work: Spending extended periods in a stationary position, both sitting and standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
City: Wheat Ridge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Logistics Specialist
Requisition Number: 2015865
EEO Employer Verbiage: