Associate Field Service Technician - Houston
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 23503
*This position is based out of the Fairbanks Morse Service Center in Houston. This position will require international travel. *
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro Industries company, is looking for an Associate Field Service Technician (AFST) to join our team. An AFST is responsible for performing hands-on installation, commissioning, and service (scheduled or unplanned) on diesel engines serviced by Fairbanks Morse Engine under direction by a more senior service technician. The AFST shall maintain a professional and positive attitude, perform quality workmanship, and be responsive to customer needs.
- Demonstrate professional work skills in the repair, overhaul, or commissioning of diesel engines on marine vessels or at customer sites
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision for daily operations
- Perform shop operations including general machining, part inspections, assembly, and testing
- May be assigned to warehouse duties such as receiving, inventory, and miscellaneous shop duties
- Perform work related tasks in strict accordance with company product tech manuals.
- Complete on-the-job training (OJT) on at least one engine product line and supporting systems within the first year in this position.
- Keep current on Engineering Change Orders, Field Service Change Notices and Service Information Letters.
- Document work performed on Service Reports and record critical inspections
- Operate in a safe manner in accordance with published safety guidelines.
- Wear appropriate PPE as per company guidelines and in accordance with job duties
- Adhere to Safety policy guidelines.
- Report all work related accidents or injuries within 1 hour to the appropriate personnel.
- Complete annual safety training requirements as outlined on regional safety schedule.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting according to company guidelines
- Time cards, expense reports, mileage reports, project reports, et al.
- Maintain company property according to company policies
- Vehicle, credit cards, PPE, test equipment, laptop, et al.
- Perform high quality workmanship
- Be responsive to customer needs and act as an FME ambassador of customer satisfaction
- Strive to provide all customers a "first time fix" for their equipment
- Maintain customer satisfaction rates according to company guidelines
- Complete all work in an efficient and timely manner
- Adhere to company dress code and safety regulations
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance
- Required experience (High School Diploma or GED, and one or more of the following)
- ASDT ( Associate of Applied Science Diesel Technology)
- Three years military experience in a related field
- Equivalent industry experience
- Must be a reliable team player who consistently exhibits a professional demeanor
- Knowledge of diesel and spark gas engine test equipment and theory
- Basic understanding of gas compression and associated hazards.
- Must be able to read and interpret engine line diagrams and blueprints
- Basic foundation of pneumatic, PLC and electronic engine controls.
- High mechanical aptitude
- Ability to independently interpret product tech manual to troubleshoot engine problems
- Additional skills:
- Proficient in English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to handle stressful situations with diplomacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must have ability to frequently lift at least 35 pounds.
- Ability to travel (up to 75%) including weekends, evenings and holidays and in emergency situations travel on short notice. Travel is both domestic and international.
- This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
- Maintain valid driver's license and qualify for company credit card
- Hazardous environments associated with heavy rotating equipment in gas compression, marine, and nuclear applications
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Field Service Technician - Houston
Requisition Number: 2015897
EEO Employer Verbiage: