Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 23678
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
Each person is an integral part of a greater team and has a voice. If you want an opportunity to truly make an impact, and work across a collective of people who believe in each other, EnPro Industries has a career for you.
Our Fairbanks Morse team is currently looking for a Purchasing Supervisor to implement and monitoring the end to end activities for the division purchasing group. You will be assigning and directing the activities of the wider buying team (buyers and sourcing team) and hold responsibility for negotiating and procuring production and/or maintenance materials or services with suppliers. You will partner with the Sourcing Team to ensure execution of sourcing strategies and drive compliance within the organization.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Supervisor:
- Assign and direct the activities of buyers.
- Administer performance management program for staff, including KPI management, performance plans and assessment, and recommending staff levels and promotions.
- Plan and direct training and skills development of staff.
- Ensure FME policies and procedures for controls are followed to assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Negotiate and procure assigned production and/or maintenance materials or services.
- Lead the Fairbanks Morse Conflict Mineral Compliance program and monitor the supply base to identify potential risks.
- Analyze purchase requisitions, drawings, and specifications to determine type and quantity of materials needed.
- Expedite purchases from vendors as required and defined by a formal escalation process.
- Estimate material cost for customer bids, new models or products, design changes and material substitution.
- Review published market data to maintain up-to-date knowledge of price changes, new products, market trends and developments.
Required Qualifications of the Purchasing Supervisor:
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline
- Supply chain certification such as CPSM is strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years in specialized purchasing function
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of engineering prints and specifications, vendor qualifications, economical buying quantities, lead time requirements and material listings is required
- Proficiency in use of an ERP computer software package is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Competencies of the Purchasing Supervisor:
- Leadership, Builds Effective Teams
- Customer Service and Customer Focus
- Development of Personnel and Talent
- Ensures Accountability and Follow Through
- Motivation of Others and Drives Results
- Action Oriented, Performance Focus
- Safety and Sales Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
This position may require access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with company match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays.
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power.
Reliable and dependable, their flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service. Joining the quarter century club because of how long people stick around the company due to growth and opportunity.
Learn more about how Fairbanks Morse is committed to delivering power where it is needed most in the world by visiting www.fairbanksmorse.com .
EnPro Industries and companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Purchasing Supervisor
Requisition Number: 2015909
EEO Employer Verbiage: