Quality Control Inspector
Location: Columbia, South Carolina US
Job Number: 23886
Technetics Group combines the experience, foresight and innovation needed to meet the demands of a rapidly advancing technological age. Our unique make-up unites the expertise of several global manufacturing locations, working toward a common goal to remain at the forefront of not just one industry, but many markets and applications. Here at Technetics Group we strive to ensure all our employees become a part of our organizational culture and follow the five pillars of leadership. Within our dual bottom line culture, your own development and potential is given the same weight as corporate financial success.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Quality Control Inspector to work within our Columbia, SC manufacturing site. In this position, you will be responsible for inspections per company and customer requirements, championing the Technetics Quality Management System and working collaboratively and cross functionally (although this list is not exhaustive!). You will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager to the site, but will be a part of a team of inspectors that is led by the Team Leader. A successful candidate for this position will possess a high level of emotional intelligence (openness, courage, thinking outside the box), be able to manage ambiguity and complexity, and will be comfortable in a constantly changing environment. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to grow your career while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organization.
The Quality Control Inspector will foster our Quality Policy of Total Customer Value (TCV). They will monitor, inspect and test the quality of manufactured parts to ensure all internal and external requirements for our customers are met or exceeded. The QC Inspector will be an energetic individual that works well in a team environment.
- Receiving inspection of raw materials and components.
- Inputs data into ERP & Data systems (Macola, Google and Access).
- Collects and analyzes data (re-work, scrap, non-conformances, and corrective actions).
- Inspects product visually along with utilizing micrometers, calipers and other inspection systems.
- Prepares certification packages as needed for customers.
- Interacts with manufacturing associates, vendors, source inspectors and auditors on a consistent basis.
- Prepares First Article Inspection Reports.
- Performs calibrations and keeps up with calibration schedules.
- Interacts with multiple departments to ensure compliance.
- Follows, creates and updates all applicable policies and procedures.
- Participates in annual internal audits.
- Support and / or lead MRB team breakouts.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products and as necessary recommend adjustments or actions to obtain conforming product.
- Actively participates on a Safety Team and follows all safety requirements.
- Takes part in continuous improvement initiatives and innovation ideation.
- Engages in daily production meetings and department ROPE walks.
- Utilizes an analytical, logical thought process and has meticulous attention to detail.
- Performs any other assigned duty as directed by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associates or Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- At least 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment and / or quality control role.
- Proficiency in reading blue prints and drawings required.
- Experience using complex testing and inspection equipment, such as laser inspection, CMM, Digital Optical Comparator, etc. highly preferred.
- Prior experience in non-destructive examination (Liquid Penetrant and Radiographic Testing) strongly preferred.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Office (Access, Word and Excel) & Google Tools (Forms, Sheets and Docs) or similar packages strongly preferred.
- Must possess inspection measuring equipment knowledge.
- Demonstrates great inter personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude as well as a passion for continuous improvement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Must possess near vision in at least one eye, corrected or uncorrected, equivalent to J2 at 12".
- Be able to use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls
- Be able to reach overhead
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift and/or move 35 pounds of weight throughout assigned workday
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, South Carolina US
State: South Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Control Inspector
Requisition Number: 2015935
EEO Employer Verbiage: