Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24099
Our corporate team is currently looking for our Vice President, Tax to join us out of our headquarters in Charlotte. As the Vice President, Tax you are responsible for leading all tax reporting, compliance, and planning activities globally for EnPro Industries and our six divisions. This includes the organization, staffing, support and development of the members of the EnPro tax team for the efficient, accurate and timely completion of all deliverables. You will be focused on continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of processes while ensuring sound SOX compliant internal controls are in place throughout the tax function as process and software enhancements are implemented.
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Responsibilities of VP, Tax:
- Manages relationships, coordination, and the scope of work by tax advisors, Big 4 audit firm, and consultants to ensure global tax compliance, accounting, and reporting for federal and state income taxes, quarterly reviews, and annual audits
- Act as a partner to EnPro management and the management of EnPro's six operating divisions on a variety of topics including potential acquisitions, incentive potentials for new or expanded facilities, divestitures, legal entity changes, and other non-recurring or special transactions
- Support and development of tax team members' knowledge and professional development, while at the same time ensuring that tax team functions and objectives are accomplished on a timely basis
- Transfer pricing, sales, property, and use tax compliance managed in partnership with finance, divisional controllers, and/or local country tax consultants
- Provide business development tax due diligence support including acquisition/divestiture transaction structure, contract input and review, and financing recommendations
- Ensure efficient, timely, and complete processing of internal and external tax reporting and minimization of tax obligations of the company
- Identify and implement tax minimization strategies, maintain consistency and defensibility of tax positions across the organization, and identify process improvements
- Ensure appropriate issue analysis and negotiation of audit settlements with taxing authorities
- Make effective presentations to management including planning opportunities
- Remain connected to third party information sources to ensure that new or modified tax laws are accurately accounted for on a timely basis
- Responsible for the budget and actuals of the tax department cost center and support cash repatriation efforts with treasury and division personnel
Required Qualifications of the VP, Tax:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting; preferably completed CPA, JD, Master's Degree, or other form of advanced education
- 20+ years of experience in tax in both public and private sectors, including tax research, tax planning, special projects, strategic planning, income taxes, SEC reporting, tax compliance, returns, compliance, accounting for income tax, public reporting, property taxes, sales and use taxes
- 10+ years of tax function leadership experience with a US global manufacturing company that operates in multiple countries tied to foreign operations
- 5+ years of M&A due-diligence experience with completed transactions
- Extensive computer applications and programs experience
- Microsoft Office, specifically expert in Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Oracle HFM
- OneStream CPM
Competencies of the VP, Tax:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop strong productive relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to thrive in our dual bottom line culture - receptive to working on personal and professional growth as part of a team-oriented environment, a servant leader.
- Excellent communicator and educator of others that is respectful; able to translate tax rules and concepts into clear actionable information
- Demonstrates a strong value system and an ethical sense of judgment; conveys those values within the tax team and across the business
- Uses good judgment and demonstrates a sense of appropriateness; considers the consequences of decisions, actions and inactions on the team and the business
- Has the experience and judgment to initiate, plan, execute, and complete goals timely
- Excellent analytic, tax technical, organizational and project management skills
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and and energy
EnPro Industries offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401k with company match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, and vacation.
About EnPro Industries
EnPro Industries is a leading provider of engineered industrial products for the processing and general manufacturing industries worldwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, the company operates in three segments: Sealing Products, Engineered Products, and Engine Products and Services. Divisions in the EnPro family include Garlock, STEMCO, CPI, Technetics Group, GGB Bearing Technology, and Fairbanks Morse Engine. End-users of EnPro's products include chemical and petrochemical companies, petroleum refiners, pulp and paper companies, food and pharmaceutical companies, truck and trailer manufacturers, freight lines and shipping companies, semiconductor manufacturers, the U.S. Navy, utilities, and municipalities.
EnPro Industries and companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Tax
Requisition Number: 2015954
EEO Employer Verbiage: