Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24099
The Vice President, Tax is responsible for leading all tax reporting, compliance, and planning activities globally for EnPro Industries, Inc. and approximately sixty subsidiaries. This includes the organization, staffing, support and development of the members of the EnPro tax team for the efficient, accurate and timely completion of all deliverables. The Vice President, Tax is focused on continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of processes while ensuring sound SOX compliant internal controls are in place throughout the tax function as process and software enhancements are implemented.
The V.P. Tax manages relationships and the scope of work by tax advisors and consultants to ensure global tax compliance. The V.P. Tax is a thought partner to EnPro management and the management of EnPro's six operating divisions on a variety of topics including potential acquisitions, incentive potentials for new or expanded facilities, divestitures, legal entity changes, and other non-recurring or special transactions.
- Leadership of the tax team. Support and development of tax team members' knowledge and professional development, while at the same time ensuring that tax team functions and objectives are accomplished on a timely basis.
- Accounting and reporting for income taxes. Coordination and support of Big 4 audit firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Federal and state income tax and other returns. Response to, and management of, audits.
- International tax oversight with Divisional V.P.s of Finance, subsidiary Controllers and/or local country tax consultants.
- Transfer pricing compliance - managed jointly with Finance
- Sales and use tax compliance, including education of division personnel
- Property tax compliance - with Finance support
- Provide business development tax due diligence support including acquisition/divestiture transaction structure, contract input and review, and financing recommendations
- Ensure efficient, timely and complete processing of internal and external tax reporting and minimization of tax obligations of the company. Identify process improvements.
- Identify and implement tax minimization strategies. Maintain consistency and defensibility of tax positions across the organization
- Ensure appropriate issue analysis and negotiation of audit settlements with taxing authorities
- Make effective presentations to management including planning opportunities
- Remain connected to third party information sources to ensure that new or modified tax laws are accurately accounted for on a timely basis
- Responsible for the budget and actuals of the tax department cost center
- Support cash repatriation efforts with Treasury and division personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Ten years of tax function leadership experience with a manufacturing company focus, preferably with prior tax experience with a public accounting firm providing tax services to international manufacturing clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field. CPA highly preferred, JD or advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant guidance for the accounting for income taxes and for tax compliance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop strong productive relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Demonstrates a strong value system and an ethical sense of judgment. Conveys those values within the tax team and across the business
- Excellent analytic, tax technical, organizational and project management skills
- Uses good judgment and demonstrates a sense of appropriateness. Considers the consequences of decisions, actions and inactions on the team and the business
- Acquisition due-diligence experience with completed transactions
- Ability to thrive in our dual bottom line culture - receptive to working on personal and professional growth as part of a team-oriented environment. Servant leader.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
- Experienced with Microsoft products, Oracle HFM, and Corptax. OneStream CPM knowledge a plus.
- Has the experience and judgment to initiate, plan, execute, and complete goals timely
- Knowledgeable regarding tax regulations, practices and procedures within the U.S. and internationally
- Excellent communicator and educator of others that is respectful. Able to translate tax rules and concepts into clear actionable information
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Tax
Requisition Number: 2015954
EEO Employer Verbiage: