Maintenance Group Leader - 3rd Shift
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Job Number: 24124
This is a working Group Leader position that involves leading, coordinating, and prioritizing technical team to achieve established results while guiding, providing support, holding individuals and teams accountable and driving continuous improvement. Work with technicians and act as liaison where appropriate between team and the rest of the organization. Candidate should have good computer skills as well as legible writing skills in order to perform reporting requirements. Leader will also be responsible for all work performed on shift, ordering parts as needed, and must have good communication skills with production techs and supervision for scheduling work and the passing of information to other maintenance techs of completed and unfinished work. Expected to be self driven, acquire work from safety opportunities list, production group leaders, and supervisors. Must have good knowledge of pneumatics systems, hydraulic systems,as well as some electrical/electronics knowledge. Must have strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to pass knowledge to other technicians.
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
Excellence: Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Meet production demand - Distributes incoming work according to priority. Ensures parts and materials are supplied to the process, while maintaining current job requirements
- Leadership - Provides leadership, coaching and guidance. Responsible for team's safety performance. Champions standard work practices within cell.
- Communication - Conduct daily team meetings and communicate necessary information - bi-directionally (both to and from maintenance department employees).
- Administrative - Communicate and enforce company policies. Monitor metrics and hold individuals and teams accountable for demonstrating results.
- Coordination with others within Stemco - Coordinates maintenance support and works with manufacturing groups to resolve problems.
- People development - Encourages positive interactions among team members. Develops individuals within production teams.
- Continuous improvement - Conduct kaizen events and cost reduction activities. Supports 5S and productivity improvements. Track and sustain improvements.
2 Year Technical Certificate or Trade School Degree required.
Strong pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical/electronics, as well as strong troubleshooting skills. Good knowledge of robotics, mig welding processes and automation is preferred.
Excellent communication and planning skills, good computer skills, self driven, teacher, trainer, servant leader.
5 - 7 Years in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance Group Leader - 3rd Shift
Requisition Number: 2015955
EEO Employer Verbiage: