Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 24127
Based in Houston, Texas near the Beltway and 290, Technetics PTFE & Polymer Solutions engineers and manufactures a full range of standard and custom polymer products and services, including tapes and films, thread seal, rods and cylinders, compression- and isostatic-molded components, custom machining, high performance etching, semiconductor component cleaning and more.
Our state-of-the-art compounding laboratories and engineering capabilities allow us to work with customers to develop new polymer technologies that address specific critical application needs in a broad array of industries, including Aerospace, Semiconductor, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Chemical Processing, Industrial and Construction.
We are seeking for an experienced Financial Controller to join our world class Houston, Texas team. This exciting and challenging role will provide you the opportunity to grow your career , lead an a strong finance team and work cross functionally as part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organization.
Technetics PTFE & Polymer Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Controller of the Houston site is responsible for general accounting and financial reporting of the site and the development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and financial information to evaluate operating performance and results in terms of costs, budgets, policies of operation, trends and opportunities for profitability improvement. This position serves as the on-site financial leader of the Houston operations with a focus on process and data integrity, as well as proactive financial leadership to the Houston management team.
- Direct activities of accounting staff and coordinate such activities with those of other departments in support of divisional day-to-day operations, budgets, and long-range plans.
- Lead significant continuous improvement efforts related to the ERP system, costing system, accounting processes and general plant wide operations.
- Establish and maintain an internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requiremen
- Provide required financial information as required by the Technetics Group and EnPro reporting calendars.
- Develop and implement appropriate accounting policies, processes, systems, tools, infrastructure and sufficient internal controls to meet the financial reporting needs and to comply with regulatory requiremen
- Participate as an integral member of the site leadership team, including providing data-driven analysis, interpretations, and recommending corrective action to drive improvement.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly rolling detail (I/S, B/S, CF and metrics) forecast for the site in collaboration with all departments of the site and division management forecasts
- Interpret operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the site and make specific recommendations that will result in increased efficiencies and profit improvemen
- Establish and administer adequate controls to assure that expenditures and commitments are made with proper approval procedures.
- Provide overall financial support and clear periodic financial reporting to site leadership, other site team members, and Technetics Group management tea
- Develop periodic management reporting and analytical tools - product line / customer GM reporting, department budget analysis, working capital analysis, product line inventory reporting, and other varied key metrics (e.g., ROIC, E&O, Scrap) to support operational tracking and improvement.
- Coordinate with IT on all system maintenance, upgrades and implementation to facilitate the financial, sales and operational functions of the busine
- Support site management team in preparation of financial analysis for capital expenditures, new product business, pricing or any other requests that are required per EnPro/Technetics policies.
- Review all low or negative margin shipments on a periodic basis to generate action items to improve profitability, and to provide feedback on quote accuracy from a manufacturing cost estimate vs. actual cost perspective.
- Establish and review all site overhead allocation rates for appropriateness, as well as for establishing accurate fixed/variable cost models for pricing.
- Assure that site is in compliance with GAAP and all EnPro/Technetics financial policies
- Adhere to the company's culture of safety, excellence (including quality, service and continuous improvement), while taking personal responsibility for your own actions and treating fellow employees, customers and vendors respectfully and ethically.
- Actively participate in Safety Committee and continuous improvement initiatives
- Conduct training as necessary for site employees (e.g. financial metrics, P&L)
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 7+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, including accounting/finance experience
- Must be knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word) along with experience with consolidation software (HFM)
- Significant Cost Accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of Macola software preferred
- 5+ years supervisory experience preferred
The physical requirements section describes the physical demands and environment of the job and lists the basic physical conditions needed to perform the job. This section should also list specific physical requirements such as lifting heavy objects and standing for long periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Controller
Requisition Number: 2015960
EEO Employer Verbiage: