Rough Bore Operator - 2nd Shift
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Job Number: 24128
Perform all duties required to safely setup and operator the Rough Bore machines to produce product that meets the quality requirements of customer specifications. Participate in and support EnPro/ STEMCO and Chattanooga facility initiatives and programs. Work with other team members to create and maintain a safe and organized working environment/culture that meets/exceeds STEMCO Chattanooga facility standards and customer expectations. All other duties as assigned
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
Excellence: Promote the STEMCO / EnPro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- During cycle load feed conveyor to machining centers and unload finished product
- Continuously monitor operation of Rough Bore, adjusting speeds and feed as required
- Maintain tooling; perform changeovers
- Perform quality checks constant 100% visual; record date
- Interact with computer programs; use precision measuring instruments
- Fork truck operation when required
- Detect and report faulty product.
- Operate industrial powered equipment
- Cross train other employees as required
- Perform job functions while applying EMLS principles.
Cross train other employees as required
All other duties as assigned
Will be required to become certified to drive industrial powered equipment (example: fork truck)
- Moderate to heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs with assist)
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Near Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less
- Depth Perception: ability to judge distance and space relationships
- Field of Vision: ability to see peripherally
- Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus
- Temperature Changes: variations in temperature from hot to cold
- Noise: sufficient noise - hearing protection is required
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Community / Marketing Title: Rough Bore Operator - 2nd Shift
Requisition Number: 2015959
EEO Employer Verbiage: