SDC Team Lead-3rd Shift
Location: Berea, Kentucky US
Job Number: 24130
Work with SDC Supervisors to schedule and effectively communicate daily production, manpower, and inventory management requirements to the SDC team. Assist with cross training departmental functions for all (SDC Techs.). Encourage and guide the personal development of co-workers in order to strengthen the individual abilities, attributes and confidence of each. Work together with other SDC Team Leads to ensure that daily SDC metric requirements are met and maintained (Safety, Quality, Production, Delivery, Cost). Provide information (Feed-Back) to the SDC Manager for Continuous Improvement suggestions/opportunities. Cross train to ensure that Lead can perform multiple SDC positions and functions. Conduct the day-to-day order picking/ receiving/replenishing/shipping activities as associated with assigned duties on specific SDC team. Lead and work with other team members (Team Player) to create and maintain a safe, organized, and energetic working environment/culture that meets/exceeds SDC standards and customer expectations.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Meet Production Demand- Works with SDC Supervisors to schedule safety meetings, productions, manpower, material/inventory requirements, training needs, and continuous improvement suggestions, etc.
- Leadership- Ensures a safe work environment while coaching and guiding team to meet SDC performance metrics (Safety, Quality, Production, Delivery, and Cost). Promotes positive interactions among team members and encourages individual development. Effectively communicates and enforce adherence to all company policies.
- Communication and Coordination- Effectively conveys information to team members, other team leaders, Supervisors, SDC Manager, Maintenance, Engineering, Materials, Quality and Manufacturing Management.
- Safety, 5-S and Continuous Improvement- Supports and participates in Safety, 5-S and Continuous Improvement teams, quality EMLS programs and improvements. Assist in developing and enforcing standard work practices throughout the SDC. Maintains a clean, organized and safe working environment within the SDC.
- Day-to-Day Operational Duties: Perform SDC operations involving safety, quality, production, shipping, receiving, replenishing and material/inventory control objectives, and to ensure the necessary documents are completed as required related to multiple product lines.
- Effectively communicates and maintains a safe, clean and orderly SDC environment. Work in fast paced distribution center environment, meeting or exceeding SDC standard metrics and customer requirements/expectations. Have the ability to work well with others (Team Player) and be flexible in job/duty orientation. Work with automated scanners, bar-coding, printing and labeling equipment. Safely operate various materials handling equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- 2+ years distribution operations management experience in a LEAN environment.
- Basic computer skills
- A passion for employee development and improvement
- Excellent team building skills for diverse groups
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- An ability to communicate with those at all levels
2-5 years experience in distribution operations management
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Berea, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: SDC Team Lead-3rd Shift
Requisition Number: 2015957
EEO Employer Verbiage: