Customer Service/Projects Intern
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 24139
The Customer Service/Projects Intern will support the customer service function by:
- Reviewing existing and active part numbers to ensure there are correct drawing's attached in Oracle
- Reviewing the descriptions of Garlock's part numbers and making sure customer's POs match (Rev., dimensions, style of gaskets, etc.)
- Cross referencing customer part numbers and Garlock's part numbers
- Consolidating all customer service tools to the reference guide
- Update tools (dimensional tools, gasket tolerances, etc.) an making them more user friendly
- Converting certain tools to excel files
- Supporting customer service with answering phones, processing quotes and orders when volume is high or when short staffed
- Assisting in other related continuous improvement projects as assigned my supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Situational Adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Confidentiality - Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive Company and personal information.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Detail orientated.
- Excellent Computer Skills to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google suite experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Service/Projects Intern
Requisition Number: 2015962
EEO Employer Verbiage: