Senior Applications Design Engineer
Location: Columbia, South Carolina US
Job Number: 24212
Senior Applications Design Engineer
Technetics (an EnPro company) is currently seeking a Senior Applications Design Engineer to join our Engineering team in Columbia, SC.
This position will be focused on our Metal Seals product line - highly engineered products designed to work in critical and demanding applications including Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear Power Generation and High Performance Automotive, among others.
This is a unique and challenging opportunity within our Application Engineering Group. It is a role that involves Product Design and Development as well as Engineering Support to our Sales organization. You'll be directly responsible for developing and testing solutions for unique, critical sealing applications. This role involves daily interaction with our engineering, manufacturing and sales organizations, as well as with our outside customers.
Responsibilities of the Senior Applications Design Engineer:
The Senior Application Design Engineer will mainly be responsible for leading the mechanical design and engineering of new products and adaptations of existing products for customer applications. Additionally, the Senior Applications Design Engineer will work with manufacturing and product line engineers to design manufacturability and work with customers by providing technical expertise for products.
- Design and implement innovative sealing solutions from concept to customer delivery and commercialization
- Design verification using finite element analysis (FEA) tools, including ANSYS and ABAQUS
- Assist in the creation of process control documentation, manage building and testing of prototype parts, and design and implement test methods for new product validation
- Assist and provide technical advice and guidance to internal & external customers, suppliers, and other company personnel, including visiting customer facilities
- Prepare design input on requests for quotations as part of the product development chain
- Represent the Company through membership in technical & professional societies
- Keep abreast of new product developments and application usages for rapid adaptation to company products
- Assist in the technical training of sales personnel and drive cross-functional technical failure analysis and debug on key customer issues
- Provide written recommendations and conduct seminars for end-users
Required Qualifications of the Senior Applications Design Engineer
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years' Experience in a combination of the following:
- Product Design
- Product Application Engineering
- Sales/ Customer Support
- Finite Element Analysis using Abaqus, ANSYS or similar FEA tools
- 3D CAD Design experience using SolidWorks or a similar program
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Applications Design Engineer
- Bachelors' Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Masters' Degree in a related discipline
- Familiarity with NADCAP
- Familiarity with AS9100
- Familiarity with ISO9001
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma
Technetics offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid time off.
Technetics Group combines the experience, foresight and innovation needed to meet the demands of a rapidly advancing technological age. Our unique make-up unites the expertise of several global manufacturing locations, working toward a common goal to remain at the forefront of not just one industry, but many markets and applications.
Here at Technetics Group we strive to ensure all our employees become a part of our organizational culture and follow the five pillars of leadership. Within our dual bottom line culture, your own development and potential is given the same weight as corporate financial success.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, South Carolina US
State: South Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Applications Design Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015967
EEO Employer Verbiage: