Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 24223
Responsible for reviewing, testing and maintaining the accuracy of the standard cost system and related procedures. This position is responsible for providing financial information and/or reports needed to support financial decisions within the company and assisting with the financial activities at period end. The Cost Accountant will partner with and support multi-functional teams to improve upon performance and internal controls.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Lead maintenance of standards associated with standard cost methods including bill of materials, labor, routing, overhead rates and capacity.
- Analyzing data regarding actual and projected manufacturing costs such as labor, scrap, raw material, and efficiency data to determine the cost, trends and effects of costs on the business.
- Calculate departmental labor and overhead rates at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- Provide product line and customer profitability analysis.
- Monthly closing entries and reconciliations for both local Longview Plant and Distribution Center.
- Analyze manufacturing related period costs variances including PPV and absorption/consumption.
- Planning role and auditor for annual physical inventory count including E&O inventory reserve analysis, adjusting journal entries, and reconciliation.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting and other demand/planning activities to support management decision making.
- Other duties as assigned by Controller and Assistant Controller.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum Education (or Equivalent)
X Bachelor's Degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field , CMA or MBA Preferred
- 5-7 years experience in cost accounting within a manufacturing environment preferred with functional knowledge of both job and process methodologies.
- Self-motivated, proactive individual capable as working as a member of a team, leading teams and operating independently.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a growth-oriented, high mix/high volume environment.
- The cost accountant generally works in an office environment, but is expected to be highly familiar with all production operations and to regularly visit all company operations.
X 5+ to 7 years
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Cost Accountant
Requisition Number: 2015970
EEO Employer Verbiage: