Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 24242
Our Fairbanks Morse team is currently looking for a Director, Quality to provide inspirational leadership to the quality department and help to make work educational by building authentic learning communities and proactively driving improvements in our quality systems. You will lead our quality assurance/quality control function to ensure that the highest level of product quality is maintained throughout the business by establishing and implementing appropriate processes, policies, and procedures to ensure controls are in place to comply with governmental and regulatory requirements.
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Responsibilities of the Director, Quality:
- Direct the Quality Systems, Production Quality, Warranty and Supplier Quality areas within the overall Quality Assurance Department
- Interact with senior leadership to address quality issues and to look for opportunities to create and implement new process and systems that can seamlessly integrate into the existing manufacturing processes
- Lead the charge on all improvements to advance product reliability, process controls, and individual personal development
- Direct the maintenance and continuous improvement of the ISO 9001 2015 Quality Management System, quality manuals and practices for the Beloit and Service Center locations
- Direct and maintain the highest quality standards focused on continuous improvement of quality, and maintain quality records for both internal and external use
- Coach and facilitate a company-wide culture of strong problem-solving including error proofing, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Establish and meet schedules within established budget and profit objectives in addition to planning and recommending capital expenditures
- Direct warranty, failure analysis and materials laboratory processes
- Initiate improvements and change through Lean manufacturing (TCV/EMLS) initiatives, through inspection to build in quality models, all with a domestic and international supplier base
- Maintain a high level of cooperation with labor union and insure labor contract is administered within established agreements
- Provide leadership and coaching for all quality team members including performance plans, one-on-ones, development plans, assessments and salary merit increases
- Allocate manpower resources to ensure operational goals can be attained
Required Qualifications of the Director, Quality:
- Bachelor of Science in Business or Engineering is required, Master's degree is preferred
- 10+ years of demonstrated, successful experience working across quality management in a heavy manufacturing, machining, and Union environment with Lean manufacturing processes and systemic change management
- Currently in a senior leadership role with a proven record of continuous improvement within quality, non-conformance warranty issues, corrective action, safety delivery, team building and strategic leadership
- Industry accepted certification such as ISO 9001 2015 is required, preferably including US Military quality regulations and standards experience
- Knowledge and use of an ERP system (Oracle, SAP) and cloud-based systems (SharePoint, Google Docs)
- Achieved or currently studying for a LEAN certificate such as Six Sigma, preferred
Fairbanks offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with company match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, an open vacation policy.
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. Reliable and dependable, our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service. Joining the quarter century club because of how long people stick around the company due to growth and opportunity.
Learn more about how Fairbanks Morse is committed to delivering power where it is needed most in the world by visiting www.fairbanksmorse.com .
EnPro Industries and companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Quality
Requisition Number: 2015972
EEO Employer Verbiage: