Sales Development Representative
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 24253
The sales development representative (SDR) is a powerful driver of account and pipeline growth in partnership with sales and marketing to generate and qualify leads, develop new and existing accounts and expand buyer enablement capabilities. SDRs manage and grow sales for respective segment focus (geography, market(s), products or customers) in order to develop accounts to rollover to field sales teammates. This is a critical position to help the field team focus on partner accounts and significant opportunities to maximize sales results. SDRs build and share insights about the customer's main challenges and coordinate with internal resources to establish customer success tools and processes that ultimately provide helpful solutions, ideas, and information to partner accounts as well as prospects.
- Supports commercial strategic planning process or district/territory planning with team and coordinates activities with required resources across organization
- Serves as the primary point of contact for management and development of House Accounts through customer success support with the goal of converting to growth accounts
- Supports field sales team with sales activities for identified key accounts for CRM, customer portal activities, timely communication flow and account objectives
- Insures engagement with sales partner(s) is frequent and bi-directional to grow district revenue
- Uses communication skills to cultivate trusting relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Promotes and helps develop programs with distributors to reduce transactions and cost to serve
- Gathers voice of customer feedback, market and competitive intelligence to depict strengths, weaknesses and needs of customers
- Works with all required supporting departments, supporting full execution and successful development of programs and business processes
- Accurately tracks activity in CRM and reports to Manager on (monthly/quarterly) sales results and pipeline activity
- Analyzes and understands Win/Loss of opportunities. Develop plans, processes and priorities around "Winning".
- Enhances sales efficiency and early-funnel engagement through proactive new customer/lead development including customer research, initial contact and light marketing
- Proactively identifies and prospects for new business opportunities through research and in collaboration with sales team, marketing and product management
- Consults with potential customers to uncover how Garlock can solve their business problems, then works with customers to define and quantify opportunities, suggest appropriate solutions and/or allocate to other sales channels
- Complements outbound marketing efforts by serving as a force multiplier for marketing campaigns through direct contact with prospective customers and partner distributors
- Manage sales leads through CRM - Review and qualify to either address directly or allocate high potential leads per established guidelines to the appropriate internal or external sales partner(s)
- Acquire a working knowledge of our full range of products and services, the candidate must be able to understand how our products can serve the needs of the potential customer. Seek technical support initially but eventually gain the ability to work independently.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Travel is expected up to 25%.
- Effective communication - develops and delivers multi-modal communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Collaborates - building partnership and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives in a timely manner to support the business
- Self-Awareness - uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Builds networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrates resilience - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Organizational savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Associate's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or relevant experience. Bachelor's degree a plus.
- 2 - 5 years of inside or outside sales, business development, marketing or commercial support role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Industry, customer, channel, competitor, and product knowledge a plus.
- Possesses a "can do" attitude with a willingness to learn and to be developed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Development Representative
Requisition Number: 2015973
EEO Employer Verbiage: