Project Manager, Solutions Projects
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 24272
Our Fairbanks Morse team is currently looking for a Project Manager to plan, manage and execute a diverse range of projects from technical projects on our standard power systems to modifications to customized power systems for our oil and gas, marine and/or power generation customer base.
You will be required to have control of both technical and administrative project verticals in accordance with the objectives, schedule, commercial targets and client requirements as well as regulatory body and class society requirements.
Daily, you'll lead a core execution team to ensure that the project technical and business objectives are achieved whilst taking the lead for defining project requirements that cover everything from content, quality to deadlines and costs. You are expected to lead the project with all required approvals to ensure a successful project. The project manager focuses on technical and administrative control of the project and acts as the point of contact from contract kickoff through the warranty period for the customer, internal business or segment leadership and, if applicable, any consortium or channel partners.
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Support Manage assigned projects with respect to engineering, manufacturing, scope of work, risk, budget, schedule, quality, safety, and contract administration through all the project phases
- Coordinate with customer to meet requirements for project reporting, witness points and site inspections, change order management, claims management, and final configuration
- Establish project financial targets in collaboration with the commercial manager based on cost and margin approvals for the negotiated contract
- Conduct project planning activities for both the whole project and individual sub-projects and work packages, including structuring core process and cross-process tasks
- Assume responsibility for all commercial and legal aspects of contract execution through the warranty period, tracking costs, and maintaining required insurance or financing safeguards
- Appoint core execution team members in collaboration with the appropriate business leaders
- Conduct project reporting and internal controlling (financial status, project plans, performance progress, quality, risk, and non-conformance cost reports) as required
- Lead in a manner that supports the EnPro transformation and Fairbanks Morse's values of Safety, Excellence, Respect and works with integrity, responsibility, and accountability
- Collaborate with peers and others within Fairbanks Morse and across EnPro to exchange experiences and information to improve on execution and to develop segment-specific tools and procedures, as necessary
Required Qualifications of the Project Manager:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Master's (with a concentration in Project Management is preferred
- At least 5 years of demonstrated, successful project execution experience in the power generation, oil and gas, and marine industries is required
- Experience with project engineering of power systems in power generation or oil and gas applications is preferred
- Industry accepted project management certification is preferred
- Excellent business power user IT skills (MS Office, MS Project, Google Apps, Sales force)
Fairbanks offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with company match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, an open vacation policy.
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. Reliable and dependable, our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service. Joining the quarter century club because of how long people stick around the company due to growth and opportunity.
Learn more about how Fairbanks Morse is committed to delivering power where it is needed most in the world by visiting www.fairbanksmorse.com .
EnPro Industries and companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager, Solutions Projects
Requisition Number: 2015981
EEO Employer Verbiage: