Location: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 24322
The Quality Engineer is responsible for defining the quality baseline to reflect the customer's requirements and Technetics' quality standards, by review of specifications, drawings, and manufacturing processes. The Quality Engineer is a critical individual in interpreting quality requirements and translating them to support all phases of the manufacturing cycle, working closely with colleagues to initiate workable quality instructions and procedures.
- Enthusiastic professional with a strong interest in the semiconductor industry
- Passion for quality engineering demonstrated clearly throughout the recruitment process
- Great communicator with the ability to work cross-functionally, understanding different perspectives and collaborating accordingly
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Manages long and short term projects that align with company quality directives based on the voice of the customer
- Maintenance of an AS9100D Quality Systems
- Understanding audit principles and perform audits (internal and external) to various quality standards for adherence through gap analysis
- Lead root cause analysis teams in problem solving endeavors
- Effectively works with and communicates with all areas of the organization and customers
- Strong background in root cause and corrective action, PQP, PFMEA, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (Engineering, Sciences, Physics, etc.) preferred but not required or 6+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing Quality Engineering position
- Good working knowledge of AS9100 Rev D
- Ability to develop and implement quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting and problem solving
- Thorough understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) is essential
- Basic understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and effectivity follow-up
- Possession of ASQ/CQE and/or CQA certification a plus
- Occasional travel may be required
Sitting; standing; walking throughout the facility; talking; seeing; hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 35 lbs. The candidate must wear appropriate/required Personal Protective Equipment, and must be able to work at a desk or in front of a computer for long periods of time. The candidate must also possess near vision in at least one eye, corrected or uncorrected, equivalent to J2 at 12".
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidate will split time between a general office environment and a manufacturing floor environment - safety hazards will be typical of these general environments.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
City: Daytona Beach
Location_formattedLocationLong: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015985
EEO Employer Verbiage: