Manufacturing CNC Programmer
Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Job Number: 24502
Our Qualiseal team is currently looking for a Manufacturing CNC Programmer to join us out of our Harwood Heights location, northwest of downtown Chicago. As a Manufacturing CNC Programmer, you will write, edit, and develop CNC programs for close tolerance, high-precision components to control machining or processing of metal parts by automatic machine tools, equipment, or systems while ensuring associates observe prescribed safety precautions.
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing CNC Programmer:
- Troubleshoots, problem solves and assist in set-ups related to CNC programs, making adjustments, assisting with proper tool selection, and other production issues on a variety of machine tools which will include Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) lathes, mills, multi axis equipment, or manual machines and other equipment.
- Directs and manages all aspects of producing companies CNC programs utilizing CAM software (Esprit) with quality design standards and product specification documentation while using on screen programming skills associated with the operation of the CNC equipment and performing inspection processes to meet current quality standards.
- Designs machining fixtures using CAD software (Siemens NX, UniGraphics), and uses CAD designs provided by our Engineering Department to assist in development of product process routings to create complex and precise components.
- Designs and determine the proper machine platforms, tool paths, fixture designs, to constantly improve and maximize machine processes to gain efficiencies aimed at reducing cost and process cycle times.
- Uses a wide range of measurement devices (calipers, micrometers, gauges) while following quality and shop operational procedures and machining techniques.
- Maintains an organized system for program traceability with revision control and correctly documents all job activity and transactions within ERP System (Made2Manage).
- Consult with and advise shop supervision on problems relative to methods, tooling and handling to eliminate production difficulties, and provides assistance to help train and improve general level of knowledge in the hourly work force.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures in development of programs, process routers, and additional work instructions, and to all safety procedures and guidelines, ensures operator safety and avoid equipment damage.
- Interprets customer specifications and assists in the estimating process when needed.
Required Qualifications of the Manufacturing CNC Programmer:
- Completed high school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience working across a manufacturing environment, specifically with:
- Tooling, fixturing design, conventional lathe, mill, and CNC machining
- Blueprint reading skills, shop math skills associated with machining operations, and ability to interpret of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Measuring devices and inspection tools like calipers, micrometers, indicators, gauges
- Machining a variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, tool steel, cast iron, brass
- 3+ years of experience as a CNC Programmer, more specifically:
- Lathe, multi-axis, and mill programming experience (Fanuc control)
- Ability to read and understand G code
- Experience with CAM software or Esprit software
- Experience using CAD software such as Siemens, UniGraphics, or SolidWorks
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Preferred Qualifications of the Manufacturing CNC Programmer:
- Completed bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering, manufacturing technology, or a relevant focus
- Knowledge of AS9100 standards
Qualiseal offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, and vacation.
Qualiseal Technology is a leading designer and manufacturer of custom engineered mechanical seals for rotating shafts and precision components for aerospace and specialized industrial applications. Qualiseal Technology is a division of Technetics Group.
Technetics Group is a globally trusted source for engineered components, seals, assemblies and sub-systems that are custom designed for high performance and extreme applications. We engineer and manufacture a full range of standard and custom polymer products and services for critical applications, from nuclear reactor pressure vessels to jet engines. Our products go into a diverse set of end markets, including semiconductor, aerospace, medical, chemical, industrial, oil & gas, and construction.
EnPro Industries and companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing CNC Programmer
Requisition Number: 2016004
EEO Employer Verbiage: