Service Center Administrator - Houston
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 24509
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro Industries company, is looking for a Service Center Administrator to join our team. Fairbanks Morse LLC Regional Service Centers coordinate the repair, overhaul, and installation of diesel engines and components at customer sites in their segment of the United States as well as throughout the world. The Service Center Administrator works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision. This position ensures high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety and assists in improving service center procedures and day-to-day operations in the respective Service Center.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform office duties for the service center such as preparation of correspondence, maintaining files, ordering office supplies, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Provide administrative support to Service Center Management Team in the performance of their duties and in support of safety, quality and ISO standards
- Assist Service Project Specialist in project file maintenance as needed in support of AR invoicing.
- Assist Service Center Supervisor in facility management; maintain condition of office and conference rooms and arrange necessary repairs, servicing, and cleaning; assist with building security
- Review accounts payable invoices of vendors and service providers and process for payment through AP Department in Beloit
- Track office G&A budget to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Assist Service Center Manager in contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers including security, uniform, and cleaning services, etc.
- Assist Service Project Specialist in tracking POs for supplies and services provided by vendors
- Answer inquiries from vendors and suppliers and research discrepancies
- Review and process employee time and attendance on a weekly basis; input employee labor for utilization tracking in the Forecast Quote Log
- Prepare hardship bonus requests for qualified employees upon return from out of area projects
- Assist employees with processing expense reports in CONCUR as needed
- Answer employee inquiries, including payroll issues, IT needs, travel arrangements, etc.
- Coordinate annual Audiograms and Biometric Assessments for employees
- Coordinate site specific onboarding for new hires
- Partner with IT regarding computers, office equipment and internet needs
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Provide general support to visitors (employees from other FM sites, vendors, customers or other guests).
- Cross-train and provide backup for the Service Project Specialist
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma (or GED) required; and Associate Degree in business curriculum preferred
- Three plus years of prior office experience
- Understanding of basic accounting principles/practices, and prior accounts payable experience preferred
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and attention to detail
- Experience with related internal systems (Oracle ERP, CRM, etc.) is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and related Google applications
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work self-directed with little supervision in a fast-paced environment
- This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Service Center Administrator - Houston
Requisition Number: 2016009
EEO Employer Verbiage: