Project Leader - San Diego
Location: San Diego, California US
Job Number: 24511
A Service Project Lead organizes and coordinates the activities of a specific project while fulfilling the needs of the customer, providing customer interface support and contractual compliance from the Request for Quotation phase through project completion. The Service Project Lead is responsible for initiating rapid, consistent and efficient project coordination including quoting, organizing, staffing support, budgeting, directing, planning and control of the project/contract.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have demonstrated project coordination skills including an understanding of cost control and physical progress concepts, project organization, regulatory agency rules and processes
- Experience successfully meeting the project objectives and customer commitments within the constraints of time, cost and performance on at least two major projects
- Coordinate with Service Management and Sales to direct the transition from the quoting phase to the contract phase, effectively communicating the requirements and objectives to all functions
- Manage all functional areas in the establishment and implementation of a project plan that includes resource requirements, goals, and major measurements
- Negotiate with all functional disciplines for accomplishment of necessary work within time, cost and performance requirements
- Review, track and control budgets assuring that adequate cost collection occurred to verify budget accuracy
- Establish project report requirements, reviews, controls, and reports necessary to evaluate all phases of the project including cost, schedule, technical performance budgets, actuals and variances.
- Establish effective and timely communications with the customer, as well as functional organizations.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, technical degree, or equivalent project management experience is required
- Minimum of six years' experience in a service, manufacturing or military environment required
- Supervisory experience required
- Must demonstrate a high level of oral and written communications skills
- Must have demonstrated the ability to develop and sustain a high level of customer relations skills while maintaining routine project activities
- Must demonstrate competency in the use of MS Office, Microsoft Projects, and Internet. Previous experience in use of Oracle or other ERP software is preferred.
- Travel up to 50% required
- Due to requirements of government contracts, must be U.S. Citizen
San Diego, California, United States
City: San Diego
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Project Leader - San Diego
Requisition Number: 2016007
EEO Employer Verbiage: