Plating and Waste Water Treatment Technician
Location: Columbia, South Carolina US
Job Number: 24624
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We are looking for a positive and energetic Operations person with a Continuous Improvement mindset to join our Columbia team in the role of Electroplating Lab Technician . This exciting role will provide the opportunity to grow your career while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organization.
Not just another employee number, at Technetics Group & EnPro Industries, you'll be...
- Performing the electroplating of gold, silver, nickel and other alloys
- Performing the treatment and discharge of process wastewater in compliance with regulatory and company policies
- Managing and performing the maintenance and monitoring of plating chemistry, systems and processes
- Managing environmental compliance (reporting, practices, etc.) to local, state, federal and company requirements
- Overseeing day-to-day operations within the Plating and Finishing departments
- Communicating and auditing safe practices throughout the shift
- Assisting in the development of a production schedule to meet customer requirements
- Delegating tasks and sets deadlines
- Performing in process quality audits throughout the shift
- Monitoring team performance and reports on metrics set forth by Product Line Leader and/or Supervisor
- Performing shift start-up meetings to communicate current and desired states
- Overseeing inventory cycle counts and works with Inventory Control Planner for adjustments, as required
- Auditing job documentation throughout the shift to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Auditing and developing improvement activities related to shop 5S
- Developing shop employees and themselves in training and mentoring; this training should be in the field of manufacturing processing, and personal development such as communication, Continuous Improvement, Business acumen, etc.
Other things you'll be doing...
- Developing and maintaining a team environment through safety, excellence and respect
- Assisting Process Engineers with process and equipment improvements
- Some travel and extended work hours may be required
- Making recommendations regarding employee status (hires, terminations, transfers)
- High School Diploma or GED, required; Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, highly preferred
- Formal training and/or certification in related manufacturing area, highly preferred
- Wastewater Treatment license, class F or higher, preferred, with the expectation that obtaining a class B will be required for the job
- Actual on-the-job experience in an electroplating area or experience in a manufacturing environment with chemical processes, required
- Must be able to read measuring instruments required to check product quality
- Must demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, South Carolina US
State: South Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Plating and Waste Water Treatment Technician
Requisition Number: 2016017
EEO Employer Verbiage: