Manager, IT Operations
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 24730
Manager, IT Operations
Why should you join Garlock?
Garlock, a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability.
You would be joining an organization that designs and manufacturing safety-focused sealing solutions that help promote our motto of ‘ a culture of excellence, guided by safety' to our customers around the world.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential:
- We can offer you significant career development opportunities as well as competitive salary and benefits packages that include: health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and 13 paid holidays including a Christmas holiday shutdown
- As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
As a Manager, IT Operations at Garlock you will ......
Oversee a team of Operations Analysts and a Systems Engineer who ensure that end users across North America are receiving the appropriate IT assistance across all Garlock businesses. You will analyze performance of IT Operations support activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and prevent future problems.
Additional responsibilities of the Manager, IT Operations include:
- Formulate and maintain a long-term strategic plan for acquiring and operating efficient and effective information-processing operations, technologies, and communications infrastructure.
- Create, manage, and monitor request handling, escalation, and deployment policies that ensure the company's IT systems are aligned to meet the business continuity & disaster recovery plans.
- Develop and maintain the sourcing strategy for IT assets, including; technical assets and IT-related physical infrastructure systems management
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts, alongside their IT infrastructure service agreements.
- Develop and review budgets and business cases for IT capital and expense items, ensuring that they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives of IT spending and initiatives.
- Review of IT systems performance to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements, preferably utilizing ITIL to develop best practices and concepts around ITSM
- Benchmark, analyze, report, and recommend improvements to IT infrastructure and IT systems; research, plan, and implement a plan to modernize the company's existing infrastructure
- Authorize and oversee the development, deployment, maintenance, monitoring, and ongoing support of all server, security and infrastructure items based on company needs
- Develop and implement new IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Partner across global teams to create common processes and procedures, which contribute to continuous improvement on the service delivery levels for all IT support
- Conduct talent assessments and seek development opportunities for existing staff, including the training, coaching, and mentorship of all IT Operations employees
What are we looking for?
- Completed high school diploma or GED
- 10+ years of management experience, with two or more direct reports
- 15+ years of experience in IT operations, infrastructure administration, and systems engineering, including end-user support and having gone through at least one major deployment, migration, or implementation.
- Administering enterprise environments with Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office 2010
- Exposure to the following:
- SCCM, Citrix/Terminal Services, Google Apps, VPN and remote environments
- TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, Print Servers, DHCP, LAN, wireless, Active Directory, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco phone systems
- IAAS (AWS), VMware
- Database Technologies (Oracle, SQL)
- Linux, Windows
What would make you stand out?
- 4+ years of experience in working with Oracle infrastructure environment, specifically Oracle 11i
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
- Completion of ITIL Certification
- If you hold a Bachelor's degree in related IT field, then our qualifications adjust to;
- 5+ years of management experience, with two or more direct reports
- 7+ years of experience in IT operations, infrastructure administration, and systems engineering, including end-user support and having gone through at least one major deployment, migration, or implementation
EnPro Industries companies including, Garlock, are known for their focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, IT Operations
Requisition Number: 2016027
EEO Employer Verbiage: