Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 24770
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse, a division of EnPro Industries, has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you.
Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Strategic Buyer at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of strategic sourcing to drive all supplier management activity in order to improve our supplier safety programs, lead time, cost reduction, and help mitigate risk. You will help drive our dedicated efforts to meet market expectations across both our sub-contracting and outsourcing initiatives.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of strategic sourcing, including:
- Identifying and developing new supplier activities consistent with corporate guidelines for quality, performance, and growth objectives
- Utilizing the global supply chain network to drive a standardized and comprehensive supplier performance management and supplier development programs
- Procuring machined parts, fabricated parts, raw materials, sub-assemblies, and assemblies
- Implementing new strategic sourcing initiatives
- Leading teams across departments to drive components through all phases of the procurement process including adherence to prototype programs into serialized or piece part production
- Conducting terms and conditions review, specific contract language, and NDA coordination in coordination with management and the legal department
- Executing assigned continuous improvement and other projects as assigned
- Working with Engineering and cross-functional teams in the development of new suppliers with responsibility for sourcing new and existing parts
- Developing collaborative relationships and influence up, down, and across organizational lines.
- Negotiating and managing contracts
- Driving dedicated efforts and cross-functional coordination to identify and implement significant cost reduction opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Associates Degree in a Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business/Management field
- 3+ years experience in a supply chain management environment with exposure to purchasing, strategic sourcing, supplier development, and spend analysis/cost reduction
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Oracle preferred
- Exposure to engineering teams and a cross-functional environment alongside basic machining principles
- Ability to travel up 50%, as well as short-notice travel on occasion
What would make you stand out?
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in a Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business/Management field
- Direct experience within a lean manufacturing environment, including the use of continuous improvement
- Certified in Supply Chain or Production and Inventory Management (CPSM or CPIM) or pursuing such certification
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP) knowledge
You may work from any of the EnPro Industries locations in the United States, which can be found here: http://enproindustries.com/companies
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Strategic Buyer
Requisition Number: 2016032
EEO Employer Verbiage: