Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 24771
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse, a division of EnPro Industries, has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you.
Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As a Quality Supervisor at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of manufacturing quality assurance to ensure that Fairbanks Morse production meets the high quality standards expected by ourselves and our global customer base. You will help to drive continuous improvement of quality and maintain quality record keeping for both internal and customer use while understanding the importance of upholding quality in order to satisfy our customers.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of quality assurance, including:
- Driving the corrective action process for resolving internal issues and customer complaints, by leading problem solving teams to improve major quality issues.
- Managing staff including Quality Technicians and Inspection personnel to assure that components and engines are fabricated, manufactured, assembled, inspected, and tested in accordance with internal quality and customer requirements.
- Maintaining quality records, including fabrication records, inspection records, nonconformance reports, corrective action reports and all other customer quality records.
- Reviewing, approving, and submitting required quality records to the customer when contractually required.
- Developing quality system procedures and submitting to customers for approval when required.
- Driving quality into production processes by implementing robust process controls and reducing reliance on final inspection.
- Coordinating customer and third-party surveillance and witnesses' inspections, including ABS, DCMA, etc.
- Reducing costs through participation in the company-wide lean initiatives.
- Measuring performance metrics and driving improvement programs to achieve quality objectives.
- Assisting the Quality Manager and senior management with the implementation of the ISO9001 & NQA-1 quality management system to ensure compliance with requirements and performance excellence.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- At least 1+ years working knowledge of engines and engine mechanical systems
- 2+ years of experience with quality systems in a heavy manufacturing environment
- 1+ years in a supervisory or leadership position
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A high degree of problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills, team building, and personnel development skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of a matrix organization
- Self-motivating individual, able to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision
What would make you stand out?
- Experience with ABS or other classification societies
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Experience with ISL and NQA-1 regulatory standards
- Experience with Oracle or another ERP software
- ASQ certification
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Supervisor
Requisition Number: 2016030
EEO Employer Verbiage: