Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 24771
- Assist the Quality Manager and senior management with the implementation of the ISO9001 & NQA-1 quality management system to ensure compliance with requirements and performance excellence.
- Audit quality management system processes, including production processes
- Perform quality systems process analysis and implement improvements to make the quality system more efficient and effective.
- Be a key driver in the corrective action process for resolving internal issues and customer complaints
- Lead resolution of customer complaints and warranty issues
- Lead problem solving teams to improve major quality issues
- Manage a staff Quality Engineers, Quality Technicians and Inspection personnel, Certified to ISO9712 / ACCP CP106 and qualified to internal standards, to assure that components and engines are fabricated, manufactured, assembled, inspected and tested in accordance with internal quality and customer requirements.
- Maintain quality records, including welder qualifications, weld inspector certifications, fabrication records, inspection records, nonconformance reports, corrective action reports and all other customer quality records. Review, approve and submit required quality records to the customer when contractually required.
- Develop quality system procedures and submit to customers for approval when required.Drive quality into production processes by implementing robust process controls and reduce reliance on final inspection
- Coordinate customer and third party (ABS, DCMA, etc.) surveillance / witnesses inspections
- Assists QA Manager with supplier compliance management, perform audits, commercial grade surveys and source surveillance of new and existing suppliers; and perform other procurement quality assurance activities as required.
- Reduce costs through participation in the company-wide lean initiatives.
- Measure performance (metrics) and drive improvement programs to achieve quality objectives for:
- Internal Nonconformance Reports
- Internal Scrap & Rework costs
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field required
- ASQ certification preferred
- Must possess working knowledge of engines and engine mechanical systems
- Minimum of 2 year's experience in a manufacturing environment required; experience working with weld inspection strongly preferred
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Supervisor
Requisition Number: 2016030
EEO Employer Verbiage: